Razor Booty

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by rodd, Apr 4, 2008.

1. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I went home over lunch to open this box, and take some pictures. Unfortunately no time to eat after I was done admiring. I figured I would not hijack this weeks acquisition thread, I have a few pictures, and will be adding a lot more. The title razor booty is because I feel like a pirate diving in to his treasure today. I have been in a bit of trouble for my RAD this week, maybe this will help explain why, but how do you pass up a haul like this? You don't. Some surprises in the haul: the 58 TV, from his tiny picture of the lot I thought it was a standard FT. The Ranger Tech, yippee! I was also pleasantly surprised by the general condition of the collection.

[​IMG]
    open and empty the contents of the box, these were wrapped together in grocery bags and bubble wrap

[​IMG]
    The lot

[​IMG]

close up, see the TV and ranger tech? :)

[​IMG]

The gentleman who sold these to me is a guy I met at an antique show, I got talking about what I was looking for and he perked up, telling me he collected for a long time, but had not touched them in a decade. i asked him to send me a picture. He had no computer, but his son, in another town did. Between the two of them and myself we managed to work it all out. He is happy, and I am ecstatic.

He was clear that he got these all to shave with, and was not going to put time in to cleaning them, so that is my next job, but really I am impressed, I was expecting worse.

To appease SWMBO my multiples are for sale, but I am not going to actively pursue that right away. If you see something you want let me know.

2. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

I want the Ranger Tech

and I will not ask what you paid for the lot.....I'm sure it was quite a bargain.
    Nice job.

3. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I will have to think about that. Right now I am pretty excited about that razor. If I decide (SWMBO tells me to) you have first shot.

What a coincidence, I'm not telling :) Lets just say he knew how much they were worth a decade ago.

4. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

Wily. :D

5. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

wily? sorry, I don't get it?

I just noticed that the razor I assumed was a knack was made in England, making it a slim twist. I am not in to a razor with that much plastic though. Does anyone know anything about the catridge razor? I am assuming it is a trac II, but I have not done any reearch on these.

6. Padron

Padron Active Member

Congrats Rodd!! :D

A fantastic haul of razors there, I bet they clean up really nicely. Please share your photos after the elbow grease :)

7. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

That is an amazing haul!

I can only imagine how fun it was to unwarp and reveal all those goodies one by one...

8. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Now that's one helluva sweet haul right there :drool

9. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    If you don't already have one, I highly recommend an ultrasonic cleaner. They're pretty inexpensive on ebay, and can save a lot of time and elbow grease.

10. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I thought about it, but I don't know much about them, and the price varies so widely. I don't want to spend a lot of money on it, but I want it to work too. Thanks!

11. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Now rodd, if you ever stumble across somebody who wants to make a deal on straights like that, and you're not interested, I wanna be the first to know!! ;)

12. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I like the fatboys in the case......

Guess who doesnt own one yet :)

13. iron maiden

iron maiden New Member

Nice haul...a very nice haul indeed.

I'd be interested in the Blue Tip Superspeed if you decide to sell.

14. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I went ahead and bought one of these on the bay. I guess I will take a couple days off cleaning, so I have something left to clean when it gets here. My old toothbrush is destroyed anyway. ;)