Razor Emporium REX SS Adjustable!!

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by RaZorBurn123, Apr 21, 2017.

1. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

That's a beautiful razor, and would live to have one, but it's a little out of my price range.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Looks like a quality surgical instrument.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  3. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Hi everybody, I received my new REX Supply Ambassador the day before Christmas Eve. I can honestly tell you all, this razor is a work of art. It not only looks great, it is a solid performer too.
    I have shaven with it five or six times, and I am impressed. It is well put together too. The machining is well done. I can see this is a razor I'm going to have for the rest of my life.the lifetime warranty is a plus as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hairy Alaskan, jtspartan, RyX and 9 others like this.
  4. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

That’s one nice razor! Congratulations.

5. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Mighty fine looking razor. Congrats. :happy088:

6. Morman Bridge

Thanks fellows!

Jim99 likes this.
  7. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Sweet

Herm

8. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Beautiful. Congrats.

Sent via Tapatalk

9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Amazes me anyone pays that kind of money.

10. Morman Bridge

Thanks, glad you like it!

11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

That's a beautiful razor! I know many will say thats a lot of money for a razor, but in 1923 Gillette sold razors for up to $75 ...

s-l1600-7.jpg

Calculated for inflation that's over $1000 today. I think you got a great razor for your price!

Keithmax and RyX like this.
  12. Morman Bridge

Hi, yes it was pretty expensive for my tastes, and I probably will never spend that much on another modern razor, but it really is a fantastic shaver. And I love the way it looks and feels. I'm pretty happy with it. By the way, that is a cool old advertisement you posted. Those old ads are pretty neat. Thanks for posting. Have a good night.

Keithmax and Enrico like this.
  13. flintlock

flintlock Member

Nice and thanks for sharing. Have Fun with it

14. Morman Bridge

Hi, I was surprised I spent that much too. I never thought any razor was worth that much until I fell down the vintage rabbit hole. This is my first modern Stainless Steel razor purchase. It is also my last. They just plain cost too much money. Have a great evening.

Enrico likes this.
  15. Morman Bridge

Hi, Thanks, I will, you as well.

16. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

That price was for a set that was probably gold plated. It probably came with a brush and shave stick in the holder. Not just a razor.
    Funny what this hobby will bring us to do huh. If you only got one at least you got a good looking one!!

17. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Even as a set, the thought of dropping over a thousand dollars on a set (even gold) would make me more than sick. :sick007:

All that said, the thought of purchasing the Rex has entered my mind more than a few times. No worse than Above the Tie or Charcoal prices; and it's adjustable as well. I'm not saying I'm going to run out to purchase one, but I could slip the hint to my wife and boys. :rofl:

18. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Yup. I am farrrrr from the gold plate set type. Oh if it's a gift I am all over it!!!!!

Keithmax and Enrico like this.
  19. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

WOW and I thought Gillette was selling them cheap back then.... well maybe cheaper for the basic razor versions....

20. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

In 1923 five dollars was A LOT of money. :eek:

jimjo1031 likes this.