Razor heads and sizes

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by sas71, Jan 18, 2009.

1. sas71

sas71 Member

im assuming razor heads are not created equally. i have a kinda small upper lip area and was wondering what are some of the smaller head razors? when i say small the mach3/5 series just doesnt work that well for me, not sure if its because the head is large or the fact that it has the pivot point where it does if that helps you any. seems like i read the super adj (thats the black one right?) has a smaller head.

2. cooncatbob

cooncatbob Member

If you want a small low profile head the Gillette Tech head is one of the best.
    Any 3 piece type razor is going to have a lower profile then a TTO and with the TTOs non adjustables Super Speeds and Aristocrats have a lower profile then adjustables like the Fatboy, Slim and Super Adjustables.

3. sas71

sas71 Member

had a feeling the tech would be in here somewhere since i just sold the little travel one i had. i should have bought a long handle for it and tried it out. now i wish i had bought a pack of blades and tried it since ive never use a safety razor before but with the little handle i didnt think id get a good shave so i didnt. oh well

4. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Another alternative is to get the Merkur moustash razor to get around the nose and use whatever razor you want for the rest of your face. That tiny little razor has a much smaller head than any regular razor.

5. cooncatbob

cooncatbob Member

Merkur mustache razors are worthless.
    They may have been a good idea but the blades are dull,
    I've never heard anybody post good results with one.
    I bought one at a mall cutlery store with an additional pack of blades.
    All of the blades would barely cut the hair on my arm, none of them would cut whiskers.

6. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I agree with a 3pc razor. Lower profile than a TTO. I dont like techs though, so I suggest the Merkur HD.

7. cooncatbob

cooncatbob Member

Like the Merkurs too, but I'd go with the classic that way you can use different handles.

8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

IF you so not like techs.. how about a merkur travel??

Fuzzy