Razor ID (Again, but harder)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by The Zook, Dec 3, 2008.

1. The Zook

The Zook New Member

First ones probably won't be bad, but the last one I have no clue.

Thank you in advance for any input!

Ball end tech, year? No date code and has Gillette etched on the face with a triangle around it.
    [​IMG]

Fat handle tech, year? No date code.
    [​IMG]

And finally this one... no info at all. Mostly plastic with a metal head. Plastic white knob at the end that turns but doesn't do anything, 3-piece razor.
    [​IMG]

2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

that last one is one of Those.....

Not that one. but the other one. :D

Fuzzy

Nice techs by the way.

3. The Zook

The Zook New Member

The auction picture wasn't the best and I got the whole lot in hopes of the white handled one being an old Merkur... In my best Texan Ron White accent; "I was wrong".

4. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

No date codes are usually 1940, I think? Rodd can weigh in or MT for a definite answer.

The last does not look like a Gillette. I say that based on the safety bars. The angles look too steep to be a Gillette.

I know that Avon made a safety razor that held cologne or A/S. Perhaps that is what you have.

5. The Zook

The Zook New Member

Thanks for the info!

Looks like this is the Avon 'razor'?
    [​IMG]

6. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

I think they made a smaller one. One that you could use that was not a deacanter.

I think it is blue plastic.

7. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

The two Techs could be anywhere from 1939 through 1950. Although, chance are they would be from before 1942 or after 1946 as those years only had war time production. The nicer gold razors were most likely for civilian use.

As for the other one, I saw one exactly like it this past Friday, but I didn't care for the overall condition. Just like you said, the whit plastic know turned, but it had no function. I can't remember if this was the one, but did it say Germany or Made in Germany on it?

8. The Zook

The Zook New Member

No, doesn't say anything at all... almost feels like a disposable but it has a metal head. It's really light and I can't imagine shaving with it.

Guess it'll be one of those mystery razors. I'll call it a very rare and unique collector piece. :D

9. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

Yup. Come to think of it, it was blank. I thought the same thing about it. It seemed very lightweight. Is the base plate aluminum? I seem to remember it being pretty thin looking.

10. The Zook

The Zook New Member

Yeah, it is... when I was cleaning it up I noticed it. Took it all apart just in case there was at least some lettering/numbering somewhere but nope... Must have come in a kit with other items, not sure though.

11. riffin

riffin Active Member

I couldn't find anything like it in the Compendium or the Collector's Encyclopedia.

Does the bottom knob come out? Maybe to store styptic in the handle.

12. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

I know it didn't screw out. Maybe it snaps out.