Razor Identification Help

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Joe, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Joe

Joe Member

I recently came across these razors, some my grandfathers, some my dads. Can anyone help me identify what they are. I believe they all say Gillette except the straight razor and the comb. The straight razor had a name on it, but I forgot what it said and I don't have them with me. Won't see them again for two weeks. The only thing on the comb is Germany stamped on the bottom....

Here are the pictures

http://www.jrwebfx.com/razor

Thanks

2. ocharlas

ocharlas Well-Known Member

Someone will definitely chime in who knows better than I, but it looks like you've got a schick injector of sorts, 2 gold techs, a 60s super speed, and a travel razor of sorts, maybe a Hoffritz. No experience with the injector but they're all good razors and look like they're in good shape for the most part

3. Joe

Joe Member

Is the injector you refer to the straight blade or the comb?

4. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

The first one on the left with the long black handle is a Schick J3 Golden 500 injector made between 1958 and 1964. The lever opens the blade compartment to help clean and rinse off the blade. That is a great razor.

5. Joe

Joe Member

6. HoosierTrooper

That's not a "straight" razor, it's an Eversharp/Schick. See my post above.

7. Joe

Joe Member

I believe the brand on it started with an H

8. HoosierTrooper

Models with that lever have the name Hydro-Magic on them.

9. byrd

byrd Well-Known Member

Just to add to your other post, I would definitely recommend giving that injector a go before you give up. I have found that to be the easiest shave for me so far.

10. Joe

Joe Member

Wow, bryd, I would have never thought that. I am thinking of giving the fat handle tech a few more tries before giving up as I got the best shave with those so far and a friend is giving me some shark blades to try next week

11. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

As Ocharlas said, the two gold ones (the ones with the ball at the end of the handle) are, oddly enough ;), what are commonly referred to as Ball End Techs. They shave very similar to their Fat Handle cousin.

12. byrd

byrd Well-Known Member