Razor Library

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by brit, Feb 16, 2019.

1. brit

brit in a box

Hello fello shavers,i had a thought. many of us here enjoy researching razors, products and such.there is a lot of history here that is slipping away ..would anyone be interested in seeing a library of razor /soap/history of sorts all under one roof..there are folks here who know more than ever about certain brands ,their history etc.would be a cool base for the den to have if it was placed in a constructed library like section.other forums have some similar type posts.i love this forum and would be willing to contribute research time etc.just a thought..

steve207, Laird, mvd and 4 others like this.
  2. Robert1955

Robert1955 Well-Known Member

As a nooby to the forum I find myself constantly googling shave related stuff, to have a book/pdf with most of it in one place sould be great. I found the history of Gillette very interesting for starters, I have ordered a Rolls Razor from the bay only because I read about them on here, I will be keeping that as a curio... and have watched utube vids...I am really enjoying my new found "Hobby" and the learning processes required, so much to read on here and such a helpful bunch of people...luvving it....tho my wife may disagree... Seems all my conversation is around shaving now ...and just bought a new bathroom cabinet to fill...happy days

Robert.

mvd likes this.
  3. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Check out "Waits Compendium". I downloaded a PDF version, first what it cost, not too much.

Herm

brit and Robert1955 like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

thank you sir..i looked on my shelf and realized i have a 2014 copy of 'a safety razor compendium ,the book' by robert k waits..

Robert1955 likes this.