Razor Rack -Recommendations

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by BullGoose, Jan 6, 2009.

1. BullGoose

BullGoose Well-Known Member

When I decided to make the DE shaving plunge, I bought a starter set that included a chrome stand for my Merkur HD and my Vulfix brush. Unfortunately,my RAD has necessitated that I find a rack that can accommodate more DE razors. I am looking for something practical but not ugly. Does anyone have any recommendations?

2. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

I have an old Pipe rack that is pretty cool. Look up smoking pipe racks on the bay to see some pics. Then go to your local antique stores and they will have them all over the place.

3. BullGoose

Thanks Lamont...that is an excellent idea!

4. lamontqsanford

I have a nice wood one that will hold 4 razors (pipes) and has a recessed opening on it that a nice glass jar goes in. It was the only thing the wife liked on the counter top. I think I paid like $25 for mine.

5. BullGoose

Thanks Tracy. I think my wife will go for that as well. She'll also probably be happy going to the antique store with me. The $25 for the pipe rack may be the least of my concerns.:shocked003

6. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

I've seen many people use a variety of toothbrush holders. You can find nice ones at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, Target, and even Wal-Mart once in awhile.

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I'll second the pipe rack suggestion.

8. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I have also seen test tube racks used. You can find them in almost any size.

[​IMG]

9. BullGoose

That is also a great idea. Thanks for the suggestion.

10. cooncatbob

cooncatbob Member

I make these. 6 slots can hold up to 12 razors.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. tom myers

tom myers Member

One other possibility is the racks they sell to hold rubber stamps. (Got this picture from Amazon.com.)

Regards,
    Tom

Attached Files:

12. BullGoose

Another great idea. What I like about this rack is you don't have to worry as much about getting it wet since it is plastic.

13. BullGoose

My New Razor Stand

The antique stores did not yield any results. Fortunately I was able to find a pipe rack on Ebay for only $11.00 including shipping. This should work great for my razor collection and there is even space for a tub of cream or lather bowl. Thanks again for the excellent suggestions.

Attached Files:

14. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Very nice pipe rack!

15. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

I got a test tube holder from a shop in the mall one day. It holds 12 razors.

16. lamontqsanford

Bullgoose, that is the exact pipe rack that I have. Mine has the glass jar that goes on the left side but if you only paid $11 you did good. That one works great:happy088

17. Truckman

Truckman New Member

umm... did you buy like 4 or 5 of them?

and if you don't think that you'll need that many.. :happy102 :happy102 :happy102

18. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

I'm using a chrome toothbrush holder for now. It allows me to hold 4 razors (enough for my normal rotation).