Razor Rack

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by bg42, Oct 20, 2007.

1. bg42

bg42 New Member

Since we are having a show and tell with regards to razor holders or racks,you showed me yours so I thought I might show you mine. Just before I start I would like to make it perfectly clear that this is not my handy work,but it is that of a gentleman who has a stall at the markets about 50 ft from mine, he makes rustic style tables and chairs.
    About the second week when I started there ,he introduced himself and we struck up a conversation regarding razors and knives ,particularly razors as I have a few on display for sale along with my custom knives. He told me that he had a couple of razors, hand me downs I think, and was very interested in starting to shave with them, but wasn`t sure where to start.
    Sensing an opportunity to increase the numbers of straight razor users,I told him where to begin what he needed and offered to hone them for him.
    They were in very good condition and since I had my Norton 4000/8000 with me ,got started right away. It took a couple of hours,but eventually got then shaving ready
    To cut a long story short ,I guess we have become friends,have something in common and he has become an ardent ebay collector ,every week he brings in his latest acquisition,he always tells me how good it shaves when they`re as blunt as ,so I hone them properly for him, well as properly as I can anyway he made me a paddle strop ,as ruff as ,but works a treat and a few weeks ago he brought in the carousel it has a bearing on the bottom so the lot spins around to make it easier to get to your morning selection, as you can see it`s a bit chunky but it works exceptionally well and it is very much appreciated.
    I have told him what to look for and what questions to ask with regards to razors on flea boy so his acquisitions are getting better and better
    I hope you like it
    Kind regards peter
    PS home stretch post No6
    PSS Just thought I would show you what a nice piece of Ringed Gidgee
    looks like

Attached Files:

2. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Congratulations on the "recruit", Peter :happy088 - a noble deed :D

Nice rack too :rofl

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member