razor sealant

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by brit, Dec 27, 2019.

1. brit

brit in a box

hello fello shavers,i though i would share some info with you.i bought a new product to polish the stang with.meguiars hybrid ceramic wax.not a real wax per se but a fine product.
    thought i would try it on a 1911 single ring to delay the tarnishing process.the polished razor normally starts to tarnish quite quickly,going black after a few weeks.polished the razor in my normal way with silver polish,and applied a layer of said product.this razors plating is well worn to start with so not worried if it does little.this isn't a sales post,just would like to help seal up the finishes a little on my user grade/flawed vintage razors and slow down the tarnishing process.had the product anyway.
    will keep you posted on the results.i will try it on an unplated but polished new long comb as well.cheers .. 20191227_092232.jpg
    20191227_092129.jpg

gorgo2, jimjo1031, LaneP and 3 others like this.
  2. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Very interesting Gary...............waiting on an update. :)

brit likes this.
  3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I was out of Flitz, but Walmart has this, Blue Magic polish cream. It's about $6.00 for 7oz and it works great on brass and nickel. I polished my Milord Tech, being careful to not put a lot of pressure as some polishes can remove some of the gold plating. It did a great job.............
    blue m.jpeg

brit likes this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

i will say..the razor cap surface is super slick on the face..

PLANofMAN likes this.
  5. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I use Nu Finish. Keeps em shiny.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

good stuff..