RazoRock’s Problem Solver Lime AS Splash Review

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Jostalli, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Jostalli

Jostalli Well-Known Member

RazoRock AS.jpg

Yes I have now reached the big 5-0 I still have an issue with acne from time to time. So I try to stay away from alcohol based aftershaves. Drying out the skin actually causes your skin to make oil to compensate for the dryness. A few weeks ago I ran across RazoRock’s Problem Solver Lime Aftershave Splash at the Italian Barber. RazorRock states: “…specially designed for combating acne, ingrown hairs, razor bumps and after shaving irritation.” So I thought I would give it a try.

After a warm and cool water rinse I will pat dry my face and apply regular Witch Hazel to my face and neck. I will then let my face air dry while cleaning up my gear. (RazoRock suggests applying the splash to a dry face) I will then drop 5+ drops in my palm, rub my hands together then apply the splash to my face and neck.

The lime scent is noticeable yet subtle. It does not linger long so it should not clash if you later apply cologne. Primary ingredients are extracts and oils so it has a somewhat oil consistency but not as thick if it was just a pure oil. It absorbs quickly and does not leave my skin with a greasy feel. It provides a very fresh and healing feel. No miracle cure for the acne but I think it is still a great product. I will probably keep it on hand.

The splash comes in a 4 oz flip top bottle.

The full ingredient list is:

Aloe barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Leaf Juice, Lavendula angustifolia (Organic Lavender) Distillate, Vaccinium myrtillus (Organic Bilberry) Extract, Saccharum officinarum (Organic Sugar Cane) Extract, Acer Saccharinum (Organic Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus auranium dulcis (Organic Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus medica limonum (Organic Lemon) Extract, Vaccinium macrocarpon (Organic Cranberry) Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Malic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Vegetable Glycerin, Salix alba (White Willowbark) Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Polysorbate 20, Citrus aurantifolia (Lime) Essential Oil.

BigMark, WhiskerWhacker and clint64 like this.
  2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thanks for the well written review. Another item on the " to try " list. :)

Jostalli likes this.