RazoRock Baby Smooth DE coming tomorrow

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by blanka, Mar 1, 2015.

1. VedderLG

VedderLG Well-Known Member

Me too! Mine is in my home town, but no weekend deliveries

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  2. Hersh

Hersh Well-Known Member

Got mine today! When I put a blade in mine seems to be a little wiggly but not bad also the handle is tight to screw on

3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Will you be able to use it?

4. Hersh

Hersh Well-Known Member

I think so took forever to line up the blade. Could be user error lol

5. Hersh

Hersh Well-Known Member

2015-03-09 17.05.46.png 2015-03-09 17.08.30.png
    Maybe my eyes are going lol

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  6. drjenkins

drjenkins Well-Known Member

Wow, looks pretty significant from that angle.

7. Hersh

Hersh Well-Known Member

I know it sits in fine but when I tighten it up the blade slides around. I have a maggard razor that does this but the angle on the head makes correcting it pretty easy. This thing has such a dramatic curve adjusting is more difficult.

8. Joelio

Joelio Well-Known Member

I didn't notice too much of an alignment issue, but maybe I got lucky on my first go.

Overall, I like the razor. I got a decent first shave. My only worry is just how light the razor is, but I think it makes me concentrate on my technique a little more.

The handle is SUPER grippy and its mild enough, you almost have to TRY to cut yourself yet it still provides a good, smooth shave!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Boojum1, Troy M and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  9. RaZorBurn123

I had my first shave with my RRBS. It was an excellent shave. Smooth and irritation free. No blade alignment issues, but the handle is very hard to tighten down on the head.
    image.jpg

10. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Kind of odd that a CNC machined razor would have any play or slop. Pretty disappointing. I would fire off an email to them and see about getting a replacement.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  11. RaZorBurn123

What I really have a hard time understanding is they've been making these type of razors for several builds now, they can't get these kinks out? Disappointing.

12. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

I would guess the demand is so great that a few odd ones get through while they are trying to keep up.
    What worries me is your earlier mention of the threads starting to wear on your slant after a single year. Maybe they should stick with steel.
    Looks like I should sit this razor out too.
    Bummer.

13. GeneralKinetics

GeneralKinetics Well-Known Member

@Joelio , nice clarinet mouthpiece brush. That's awesome.

14. RaZorBurn123

Id suggest you buy a stainless steel from someone else, I bought this razor because it wasnt very expensive and I'm hoping to use it for shaving my head. And to be honest I thought they would have figured it out by now. Guess not. The shave I had today was excellent, so I do have high hopes. The tight handle does bother me.

15. Joelio

Joelio Well-Known Member

It's actually a bari sax mouthpiece (the only one that big enough to hold a decent knot at 18mm) but thanks :) it actually works REALLY well!! Yesterday was my first really use of the brush

16. Hersh

Hersh Well-Known Member

My handle I have is also hard to tighten. Maybe that's got a hand in my dilemma. Either way I got the blade straight this morning. It was eye straining at 5a.m. but the great shave was worth it. Im not accustomed to such a light razor but it didn't seem to affect me much. Id compare it close to my tech in aggression but the steepness that the blade sits at makes it a more efficient razor. Hope to resolve my issues with it because it would be great at daily shaves.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  17. RaZorBurn123

No doubt this little razor is a nice shaver. I just wish they'd get these issues fixed. I could see this being in my rotation.

18. VedderLG

VedderLG Well-Known Member

Got mine yesterday. Aligns well. Will use it tomorrow. The handle is tight. I am going to put some lubricant on it. I noticed that if you don't tighten it all the way, the top cap has play in it. Maybe this is why people are having alignment issues?

To Joe's defense, this is billed as a prototype and is a completely new head for him.

19. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

After so many customer-sponsored prototypes I can very much see how it's disappointing to not have a better final product.
    Hey, at least I'm keeping my RRSS in near-mint condition as it sits there.... :)

drjenkins and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  20. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Is the handle on this razor the same as the handle of the Stealth slant?