Razorock Jaws OC safety razor (finally here)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Monkeylord, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Monkeylord

Monkeylord The Lather Lord

After 12 days upon online purchase my new razor finally came :D
    The 3-piece razor comes in a plastic travel box, nothing thrilling but for 14$ it will more than serve it's purpose, and a 5 pack of egyptian Lord DE razors (which I haven't tries yet).
    [​IMG]
    The razor straight out of the box looks and feels great, it's beautifully plated, and it has nice weight to it (about 80 grams).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (sorry for the bluish pics, the travel box gave it's part to photography :D)
    And the shave :D
    I lathered up some Tabac and loaded the razor with an Astra SP. The shave was I dare say one of the best I ever had (it would probably be the best one if I didn't cut off an acne under my nose, but than again that was entirely my mistake :D ). The razor is way more aggressive than my Gillete Knack and not to mention the Weishi, it's right up with my shavette shaves. A wonderful irritation free 2 WTG pass , near perfection shave :bounce015:
    I guess this is the best spent 14$ (24 if you count shipping to Croatia) ever :happy108:

Robyflexx, macaronus, JRod22 and 6 others like this.
  2. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

It's a beautiful razor. I'm wishing it came with a barber pole handle though. Can't complain with that pricing though, just get whatever handle you want with the plenty of extra money left over.

Robyflexx likes this.
  3. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Sabi, Lord, Sabi, Lord - identity crisis. :shocked029:

4. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Nice looking razor, can not go too wrong with that pricing.

Monkeylord likes this.
  5. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

Enjoy the RazoRock Jaws, I love the open comb head. The Lord blades work especially well with that head.

Robyflexx and Monkeylord like this.
  6. Monkeylord

I'm gonna try out the Lord's tonight , I hope I'm going to like them :D

EDIT:Lord blades worked just fine, I'm satisfied with them, a little bit rougher than the Astra SP , I fell a bit of burn on my neck but nothing specially harsh.

Robyflexx likes this.
  7. Pbalkan

Pbalkan New Member

I've been using the Razor Rock Classic Hammer. Heavy handle, up there with Bob's and Weber. The head seems more aggressive than EJ89 (which it resembles) but less aggressive than a Slant. It hits the "sweet spot" of aggressiveness for me. A damn good razor at any price but... at these prices... a wild bargain.

Robyflexx and Monkeylord like this.
  8. puros_bran

puros_bran Active Member

Interesting. And at that price I could afford to PIF it if I don't like it.. I think I'll.get one.

Monkeylord likes this.
  9. Monkeylord

That's the spirit :)
    But if you are anything like me , you will LOVE it :D

10. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

I'm buying one to put a kit together for a good friend. At that price, I'm also getting myself one! Hehehe

Monkeylord likes this.
  11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

In the back of my mind I always wanted (but could never afford) a nickel plated, bar handle, long tooth NEW. It's about the only remaining razor I would want to try, just to say that I did, and I believe it's about the coolest looking razor ever. Anyway, this resembles it so looks like it might be a nice consolation prize. The longer handle would be a plus, too.

12. jabberwock

jabberwock Well-Known Member

The Razorock razors are easily the best value razors that I have come across. I bought a Razorock Mirrored Pole TTO for my wife when I ordered my EJ razor. At $20 and with all of the good reviews I just couldn't resist.

13. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    What does she think of it?

14. jabberwock

I dunno, I just ordered on the 24th and the gear won't be shipped until the 27th. I'll let you know how it goes.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  15. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Question: Aren't the Razorock razors the same shave head as the shaveabuck Cadet razors?

16. jabberwock

Yes the Razorocks are basically rebranded Cadets, but they cost less coming from www.italianbarber.com maybe they got a better wholesale deal or something.

17. Monkeylord

I think the only difference in the price is profit margin.

18. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

Well I got mine and didn't like it so much. I tried it with an Astra SP and a great lather but I wasn't expecting it to be so aggressive. I don't actually think it's the blade gap that's the problem but rather the amount the blade protrudes past the top of the head. It lets it almost flop around since it hold it further away from the edge, which also lets out this "louder than usual" sound. When you get the perfect angle it's good, but a little too sharp and it's messy. I find that for me to get the good angle, the rake didn't really touch my face at all, which makes me wonder if the fact that it's an OC is even relevant. Anyways I ended up with a mediocre shave and a lot of cuts on my chin. I'll give it another chance when my face is healed up, and take a more careful approach and a different blade. Note though that I liked how it's built and the weight and feel. I also chopped down a pretty good amount of whiskers in only two passes, but nothing that beat my 34C.