RazoRock Jaws vs Maggard V2

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by LuvWetShavin, Mar 18, 2016.

1. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

Just to make everyone aware .. these 2 razor heads are identical. I have the Maggard Razors V2 open comb and love it, heard others mention how they loved the RR Jaws and picked one up that was for sale on here. Both heads are identical heads and made in India .. so i guess maybe it's about time for another PIF?

:bounce017::bounce017::bounce017::bounce017::bounce017:

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I didn't know that. The Jaws is my sons favorite razor. Unfortunately he broke it.

AGHisBBS, Jayaruh and Robyflexx like this.
  3. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

For me it was the other way around. I had the Jaws and picked up the V2OC to see what the fuss was about only to find out it was the same head. :happy097:

AGHisBBS, Jayaruh and LuvWetShavin like this.
  4. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

I wonder if anyone has the TTO OC, I read up that shave a buck used to have them and they were made by the same manufacturer in India that are making the TTO CC and apparently the OC was all brass like the CC one. Anyone knows if some vendor carries the TTO OC?

AGHisBBS and Robyflexx like this.
  5. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

6. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Hello all, I used to have one of the Cadet model 11 OC TTO sold by ShaveABuck. It was a flimsy piece of crap. I probably would try another one if I could find a new production one that all the bugs were worked out on. Cadet made two OC TTO razors. A model 11, and a model 12. The model 11 was all nickel plated, and the model 12 had a black handle. Maybe they are still in production somewhere.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  7. Morman Bridge

I too sent the proprietor of ShaveABuck an email. The web page for the contact info had a 2016 copywrite date, so they may be open. That would not surprise me. I will post again when and if they contact me.

8. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

I also checked his FB page and he updated it confirming that the website is up and renewed, seems like he did that march 13th

AGHisBBS, Morman Bridge and Robyflexx like this.
  9. Morman Bridge

They might have reopened their doors now.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  10. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

I cant help it, the TTO CC is at 10 bucks with a beautifull handle and the TTO OC with black handle is 25..... and also I'm eye balling the Fatip gold and black with OC and CC.... jeez there goes 110 for 4 all brass razors, probably another 120 for seygus all brass razor and Ikon OSS another 100 bucks.... buck me!

AGHisBBS, Robyflexx and Morman Bridge like this.
  11. Morman Bridge

Let us know if you get the TTO OC. Heck, let us know if you get your order at all. Did you recieve an order confermation email?

12. Morman Bridge

Robyflexx likes this.
  13. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

I have an 11 I bought 4 or 5 years ago. It's a great razor that always gives me a nice shave. Maybe I got lucky but mine has no mechanical issues. I use it regularly in my rotation.

Robyflexx likes this.
  14. Morman Bridge

I got a reply from the proprietors of ShaveABuck. Here is what they said-

Hi Allan,

Yes, we are starting back up again. It will be more of a test to see how things go at first and there is some maintenance we need to do to their site which should be updated by Monday.

I have the gold metal,open comb twist to open in stock. I am putting togeather an order.

What is lacking out there, where could we help and fill the void.

Regards
    Joe

There you have it! ShaveABuck is now back in business.

Robyflexx likes this.
  15. LuvWetShavin

How did my thread titled Razorock Jaws vs Maggard V2 turn to discussion about ShaveABuck ???
    :signs002:

Herm2502 and Robyflexx like this.
  16. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Tad I was wondering the same thing five minutes ago! :happy102:

LuvWetShavin likes this.
  17. Morman Bridge

Sorry about that, I knew I should have started a new thread.

LuvWetShavin and Robyflexx like this.
  18. LuvWetShavin

Just messin' LOL ... I don't care

Robyflexx likes this.
  19. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Can you spell H I J A C K? It was innocently done, though, I'm sure.

20. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

Well yes, everybody here is known to being virgins when it comes to hijacking other threads lol