Razorock KOTC Lavender Montebianco

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by TitanTTB, Aug 3, 2014.

1. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

I've been wetshaving for a few years now and haven't tried a Razorock product before now. So I decided to pick up this Razorock King of the Castle Lavender Montebianco Hard Soap. Priced at $8.99 shipped from Italian Barber on Amazon. Its wrapped minimally, which I appreciate, in wax paper and a label on top.
    This is the 'hard soap' but it is malleable kind of like Arko, I suppose. They also make a softer croap version that comes in a tub. This soap dropped right into an empty Old Spice mug and filled it up nicely – no milling or major effort was required.
    The scent is a very nice herbal lavender. The only drawback is it's a bit faint on the puck and when lathering but is nice enough I think.
    Performance is great. Now I understand why Razorock has such a following. It loaded fast and got to a nice thick usable lather just as quickly. The post shave feel is good. I read somewhere that this soap is made by Tcheon Fung Sing for Razorock but I really don't know.
    I'm impressed so far - I've only done four lathers so I'll have a better feel for this soap next week when I have a few more shaves under my belt.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GatorJoe, Jorvaljr, crackstar and 2 others like this.
  2. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

I've never tried a bad RR soap and I've used nearly all of them. Try the XXX if you get the chance.

crackstar likes this.
  3. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

The only one I didn't like from Razorock was P.160. It just didn't work for me.

crackstar likes this.
  4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Dont care much for the scent of their S.Maria soap

crackstar likes this.
  5. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

I like their SM soap but what gets me to this day is how to load my brush. The soap is like melted marshmallows. Makes it difficult for me to load the brush without getting too much soap on it. I've tried dipping the brush tips, swirling the brush, rubbing the soap on my face with my fingers, etc., but still have a hard time.

crackstar likes this.
  6. TitanTTB

Never thought I would see the bottom of this mug again, it felt a bit like I was lathering the everlasting gobstopper for a while there.
    So after all this time I still have a really good opinion of this soap. It doesn't take much to load the brush to produce a good amount of lather that is both slick with plenty of cushion. Perhaps the only drawback is the scent – while quite lovely was pretty faint when the puck was new and now is almost unnoticeable. I like lighter scents from time to time so it really wasn't a negative for me.
    This soap has lasted a long time and was a fantastic value at $8.99 shipped - it's a shame RR doesn't still make it. And I don't think TFS even makes hard pucks any more. If it was around I'd buy it again.

[​IMG]

crackstar, Jorvaljr and PanChango like this.
  7. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Its sad that RR no longer makes the hard pucks, thou they can be found thru TFS I believe or Mondial soap line. Big fan of the old RR formula, much better than current version IMO, thou current is not bad, the old stuff makes a different kind of lather.

crackstar, TitanTTB and Jorvaljr like this.
  8. TitanTTB

I hadn't heard of Mondial before, but it does look like TFS hard soaps - although a lot more expensive ~$20 for 60grams when RR was $9 for 125 shipped. Barbiere di Figaro used to carry the hard soaps in their private line but they dropped them as well.

crackstar and SHAVEWIZARD420 like this.
  9. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Yea I haven't tried any of the Mondial products, but did see them at Maggards, and the scents are exactly like many of the RR soaps (Zi Pepino, Tobacco Verde/ RR Don Marco, Bergamont, etc.)
    and I almost picked up the tobacco one but realized it is identical to the TFS tobacco Verde and RR ZP so couldn't justify the higher price, even thou it is a hard puck, it is much smaller.

Although the Mondial premium line appears to be different products. Have seen other people asking questions about this premium line, but not a ton of info about them.

crackstar likes this.
  10. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I only have a few Razorock soaps. I never tried this Lavender Montebianco but I LOVE the One X. Its scent is so classy and elegant. I also have the matching aftershave splash. Both were gifts from my wife.

TitanTTB likes this.