Razorock lupo SS dc, 0.72 oc e 0.95 sb

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Giova1949, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Giova1949

Giova1949 New Member

This morning I tested the Razorock lupo SS dc, 0.72 oc on one side and 0.95 sb on the other. = Accessories:

-Wizamet Super Iridium Sheet - Ethos Lavender Soap (also tested for the first time - excellent) - Antica Barbieria Colla Aftershave Lotion “Red Sandal Aftershave Milk” (excellent, but also slightly more expensive).
    The beard was two days old (I usually shave every other day, but when I shave I like it very smooth).
    As for the direction of the hair, I started with the oc.72 which worked very well. For the opposite direction, I used sb .95 and found it very useful. Eventually, I went out feeling very comfortable. I find the razor more fluid and efficient than the g.c. .84. Compared to my Timeless .95 sb (which is still my favorite), I found it shaved just as easily and effectively. But I have to wait until tomorrow to feel the regrowth and make a more informed decision, and also shave again to see if the skin is disturbed. Now I am very happy to have purchased it and I believe it will surely remain in my possession along with a few others.

Giovanni

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  2. Oasisdave

Oasisdave Active Member; radioactive

Mine just arrived yesterday and really looking forward to trying it out

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I have purchased the 2nd Gen Lupo .72 when they first came out on day #1 and took a chance I would enjoy it from what others have mentioned on the 1st Generation Lupo DLC and the Aluminum variants.
    Very well built and carefree shave with good efficentcy in my opinion. I have some other great Razorock razors in Stainless steel and zamak razor heads with stainless handles also and they all have great charteristic's but the Lupo SS 2nd Gen is definitely a winner and will always be used in my razor rotation in the top tier range.
    I'm glade you are enjoying the shaves it gives, look forward to reading some of your views.
    Lupo collage #3.jpg
    Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

Ijustmissedthe50s, Str8on2 and brit like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

cool razor..:cool:

Ron R likes this.
  5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary, Glade you like it, it is one of the better RR razors in my den for now.

brit likes this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

very cool.i haven't gotten anything newer than the stainless mamba..which is a well made mild razor..:)

Ron R likes this.
  7. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I believe you mentioned you like milder razors to me at one time, the Lupo .72 is more mid range with good efficentcy but still a good carefree shave IMO.

brit likes this.
  8. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

An impressive first shave with the Razorock .95 SS Lupo. A very comfortable and highly efficient shave that had me done in 2.5 passes with a tiny weeper next to the Adam’s Apple but, a very satisfying BBS finish. Angle was easy to get from first stroke and keeping it there was practically second nature as if I’d been shaving with it for months. Not proclaiming it to be the best razor out nor the best in Razorock’s stable. Just a real good start to a long weeks worth of shaves with this impressive tool. Yes, I do have a poop eating grin in anticipation for the shaves to come....

Great evening and shaves to all....

7815EA19-0DCC-48B1-BCCC-A7257A4993B7.jpeg

Ijustmissedthe50s and Ron R like this.
  9. Str8on2

An early morning shave that was done in 2 passes. No buffing or touch ups required. Not that I had much stubble from yesterday’s great shave but, enough to get a quick one in. The shave was drama free without any irritation or a weeper to speak of. I’m very impressed so far with the .95 Lupo and its performance. And honestly, I’m like a kid at a candy store chomping at the bit at some gum balls & swedish fish. Just in this case, I’m salivating over a new razor pick up and getting my shave on. My Misses says I’m nuts. I say to meself, “Naaahhhh”.

Then again, she is the rational thinking one of the two..... :signs002:

4FFCEA04-EC30-4E36-9462-33FE3D34DFAD.jpeg

Ijustmissedthe50s and Ron R like this.
  10. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

[​IMG]

Ron R likes this.
  11. Str8on2

Another good shave from the .95 SS Lupo. 3 shaves in and I haven’t found any faults to speak of. I could nitpick but, it wouldn’t detract from the razors performance. Solid so far.....

96F8D415-6DAE-463D-B547-3803B47E725D.jpeg

Ron R likes this.
  12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I have to agree with you Gus, there are not a whole lot issues with the Razorock Lupo .72 or .95. I think it is one of the better Razorock razors that they came out with since the the Game changers if you like a mid range razor. I find the Lupo .72 has little more blade exposure than the RR GC .84 and I can use a regular blade in the razor with good results.

Str8on2 likes this.
  13. Str8on2

We’re on the same page, Ron. I’ve no experience with the .72 version of the Lupo and I have countless of shaves with the complete GC line up minus the .68 OC and I have had shaves with the Mamba .53, .70 & the excellent BBS. The Lupo .95 I must say is shaping up to be the best of the Razorock house that I’ve tried and owned. Not definitive quite yet as I’d like to get about 8-10 shaves with it. Truth be told, I’m very impressed so far.

Happy shaves my friend.... :shaver :happy088:

Ron R likes this.
  14. Str8on2

Another good one. The .95 SS Lupo is a force when it comes to merging smoothness, blade feel & amazing efficiency in getting one’s shave done with absolute precision & authority.......

E7185BC2-A80B-4518-9402-E16F538DFA4D.jpeg

Ron R and ischiapp like this.
  15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Wed, Mar 17th 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd Gen Lupo .72-MFG 2021> excellent mid range, great daily driver for my beard type, well designed, carefree shave.
    Blade: Gillette Astra SP(4) excellent, Sharp & smooth with good longevity. My standard blade for comparing other shave hardware.
    Soap: Razorock lavender, nice masculine scent with excellent lather properties.
    Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm, Sagrada Familia named after the famous Cathedral in Barcelona Spain, excellent lather generator, soft cloud like tips, great scrub + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my RR 2nd Gen .72 with a Gillette Astra SP.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Ijustmissedthe50s and Str8on2 like this.
  16. Str8on2

Paired the .95 Lupo with the Timeless Crown Ti handle for tonight’s shave. Wonderful balance and grip with this combination. Another effortless shave and perhaps the best one yet....

B99B85B1-9BA7-423F-A031-D07768600D1F.jpeg

17. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

OMG i love that handle .. i may have to get one

18. Str8on2

6th shave and it is just a pleasure to use the .95 Lupo. Nothing but smooth, efficient and nearly effortless shaves. All that for well under a $100 greenbacks. In terms of value and quality, there is no one even remotely close to what Razorock/Italian Barber offers in their CNC Razor line up. Well Blackland and their Dart is a formidable option and a damn good shaver but, it’s still nearly $30 more than the Lupo SS. Only 2 groups will exist with this razor. Group 1 are those that love it because of the performance to price ratio that it delivers right up against those costing 2-5 times as much. Group 2 is the hater group because they just realized that this razor delivers nearly as good if, not better than their (myself included) upper echelon/boutique/niche quality/uber expensive luxury whisker whackers. I’m dumbfounded and amazed at how RR/IB continues to make such quality products and offer them at near wholesale prices when compared to other well established razor producers with their higher price points and identical alloys. I’m not saying you shouldn’t purchase those higher priced/exclusive razors that have a jewel like feel and evoke pride of joy to own such a tool but, I honestly can say that the Lupo SS in whatever configuration you choose to own can give you nearly the same exact feeling in pride of ownership, quality of shave and excellent craftsmanship for nearly peanuts. The Lupo SS is a winner and that is a fact that is not debatable.

Grand Slam from the House of Razorock/Italian Barber if you want to know the truth......

3F1BBC1B-8561-48B7-BE09-FDB5FCE96280.jpeg

Ron R likes this.
  19. Str8on2

Nope. You’re not going to hear anything negative here.......

A4462406-9586-4576-B773-CE62E98E3530.jpeg

Ron R likes this.
  20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Thur, March 25th 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd Gen Lupo .72- excellent mid range, I receive excellent results usually and carefree shaving. Does not get much better for shaving. Good razor for a daily driver from medium to heavy beard possibly for some folks IMO.
    Blade: Polsilver super iridium (1 corked) I always cork this blade for first shave because it seems a little rough but it becomes a excellent blade after that. Sharp & smooth + great longevity. One of my favorite blades.
    Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian Sandal wood, excellent scent + great lather qualities. Good post shave feel.
    Brush: Yaqi Moka express 24 mm- new addition to brush collection, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub + good lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Ogallala Bayrum & sandalwood + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Excellent shave with my 2nd Gen Lupo.72 + Polsilver SI blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Str8on2 likes this.