Razorock Lupo

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by colekingx, Apr 26, 2022.

1. colekingx

colekingx New Member

1. Hello all , I am curious about your thoughts on the razorock Lupo. I have not tried it and am interested in it.. I understand its loosely based on the wolfman razor which I have also never tried , is that correct ??

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  2. StewB

StewB Member

Yes, AFAIK ("lupo" being Italian for "wolf"). I have the aluminum Lupo and it works very well for me.

zacktracy and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I have the Lupo.72 and really enjoy this mid range razor, well designed clamping system, very well machined with tight tolerances with a nice finish. Glad I bought it over a 1 year ago.
    Lupo collage #3.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

Lockback, slim6596, Zed117 and 7 others like this.
  4. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

I have the original RR Lupo DLC. It’s a fine shaver!

5. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

I own the Razorock Lupo 72; it’s a great shaver especially when you have more than a day’s worth of stubble.

Ijustmissedthe50s and zacktracy like this.
  6. zacktracy

zacktracy New Member

I have the aluminum and love it! Great shaver with high efficiency for such a smooth razor. Venturing into the SS version soon.

StewB, Ijustmissedthe50s and Ron R like this.
  7. zacktracy

zacktracy New Member

Here's a shot of today's setup. A wonderful shave was had!
    Screenshot 2022-06-02 142343.png

Paul Turner, Str8on2, Ron R and 3 others like this.
  8. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I jst got the "Hawk" V3 in stainless. I am impressed! Here it is alongside my GEM "Featherweight" for size. I really like the short handle. Nice heft. Very good quality! Lots of blade exposure but, it is a mild shaver if you have your technique down. I used it with Progurad Feather blade and it was too mild. I used today with a Light blade and still very gentle razor. I am waiting on some Professional & Super Professional blades. Ride the Cap with this one!

If this is a measure of the quality, it passes with flying colors. VERY nice razor. If I didn't already have a bunch of other razors, I would try out a few more from Razorock!

DSCN7217.JPG DSCN7219.JPG

9. StewB

StewB Member

Based on my positive experience with the aluminum, I got the stainless 72 and am not disappointed. Great razor for me!

slim6596, Ron R and Hogie like this.
  10. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I like the heft of the stainless Hawk v3. It too, is a very nice shaver!;)

Ron R likes this.
  11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Wednesday, July 20th 2022

Razor : Razorock 2nd Gen Lupo.72, Mfg 2021> excellent mid range, very good QC for machining and finish of 316 stainless steel, reasonably affordable to most folks. Great clamping of blade design and easy to work around the nose area. A joy to use!
    Blade : Personna Red (5) sharp & smooth with excellent longevity.
    Soap : Razorock Lavender, nice masculine lavender scent with excellent lather qualities. (Discontinued[​IMG])
    Brush : Yaqi purple haze 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber + excellent painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 with a Personna red blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

Ijustmissedthe50s, Str8on2 and Hogie like this.
  12. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Just a copy & paste of my initial shave experience of the Lupo .95 OC on another forum. Pardon me for not editing but, I don’t think it would detract from the initial impression that I’m trying to deliver here.

Batter’s box today and in steps the Lupo .95 OC. Last shave was Thursday evening with the TFC Brass and wanted a couple days of whisker growth for the initial shave and just for the simple reason that I could. Went with a fresh K.C. Gillette Platinum, Taconic Tequila/Lime shave cream and the face freezing yet oh so soothing Stirling Lemon Chill Glacial. Yeah, I was expecting a doozy. But, that’s not what I got. In my 10-15 minutes of me time and my almost sacred shave ritual, I was transported to a tropical white sand beach somewhere along the equator with a Tequila Samurai shooter in hand (Don Julio Reposado) and with what feels like the entire Bering Glacier in Alaska sitting on my face. Aaahhhh, total shave nirvana. The shave was blissfully exquisite and gave me exactly what the RR Lupo .95 OC was meant to do. What is that you say? Well, the tiniest amount of blade feel over its SB brother, an uptick in razor/blade cutting feedback and an almost equal feel in glide & smoothness to its SB counterpart. No harshness nor an aggressive or overly aggressive shave action in my first shave experience. A breakdown of the shave nor an explanation of what this Lupo does and delivers is not needed on my part as the posters here before me have done a mahvelous job in detailing and explaining the pros and some cons of this razor quite accurately. The negatives are extremely and grossly outweighed by the positive attributes and characteristics of the RR Lupo .95 OC. I see no weakness nor do I think there are negatives that could place this razor in a negative light or in the shade of a storm cloud.

I can’t tell you which one I like more of the two only after one shave. I’ve had the .95 SB longer and I truly love that razor. More time is needed to get a few more shaves under my belt with the OC .95 too see how the shaves stack up to one another. It’s going to be another real good week of shaves ahead and that is a fact on my end, gents.

Great shaves to all…

3E207F46-D137-4806-BAFF-03CE78E5B817.jpeg

Ijustmissedthe50s, Ron R and Hogie like this.
  13. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Gus, from what I read on your great review it sounds like a winner of a base plate the Lupo.95oc. I was thinking about the Lupo .95oc base plate but I'm very happy with my Lupo.72 that it would be marginal gain possibly in results ? Oh I will have to think about it a little longer, Razorock makes some nice razors and they are always innovating.

Str8on2 likes this.
  14. Str8on2

Yep, another one. RR Lupo .95 OC & King C. Gillette Platinum again for this evenings shave. Nothing but smooth, efficient and comfortable. An easy 2 pass shave with some minor buffing on the chin and corner stache areas. The Stirling Gin & Tonic soap has plenty slickness but, the Ethos Lather stick just takes it to another level. Superb glide and protection not that the Lupo felt aggressive or bitey because it did not. Just another excellent shave from this razor and honestly, I wasn’t expecting anything less. It delivered and then some.

Great shaves to all…

A2F5CF98-E81C-40B7-B4B8-83DF8E1F8AED.jpeg.jpg

Ijustmissedthe50s and Ron R like this.
  15. Str8on2

The more I use the RR Lupo .95 OC, the more I like it. The SB counterpart is for me a tick or two smoother but, the gain in shave feel and cutting prowess of the OC might be a definite worthwhile trade-off between the two for many. So close of a call between these razors. Still might need a couple more shaves with it and one with the SB to see if there is a clear King of RR razors in my den. And Ethos Success is as always the elite performer that is is. Great lather, glide and awesome protection with an aroma that rivals the mighty Creed elixir. Great shave and great scents.

Great shaves to all…

B7C5C830-622E-445A-BBDA-C2DA07E07E38.jpeg

Ron R and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  16. Str8on2

Went with the Lupo .95 SB to get a feel for it against its OC brother and dang it! It’s a real close call. Love the smoothness of the SB yet and relish that slight up tick in blade feel from the OC. I’m scratching me noggin still. Nevertheless, it was a stupendous shave worthy of a few cold pints via Guinness.

Great shaves to all…

850A861C-E4E2-4707-AA55-1826A3B1F8F4.jpeg

Ron R and Hogie like this.
  17. Str8on2

It was another good one with the Lupo .95 OC. I won’t tell you that it’s superior to its SB brethren because, it is not. It all depends on what you’re looking for in your shave and what one needs to be addressed. They are both equally superb in terms of value, performance & craftsmanship. A smooth efficient and easy on the skin shaver, the .95 SB will do tremendously well. Want some extra ooomph in blade feel while hardly trading any of the inherent qualities of the SB, the .95 OC will fit the bill to a tee. Personally, I do prefer the .95 SB just by a hair as it gives me the perfect combination of smoothness and cutting prowess that I look for in a shaver. But, in all fairness I feel that it’s not redundant in owning both as they both serve their purpose equally well. Both winners in my book.

Great shaves to all…

44BD2B25-BF13-4C39-B70D-A300C87FA2FE.jpeg.jpg

18. StewB

StewB Member

Update: I now have the 95 OC. It is a very good razor that performs well for me. Not quite as efficient as the Blackland Dart or the R41 GS, but still pretty good.

Str8on2 likes this.
  19. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

I really ADORE my Lupo SS .95

Never tried the .72, but for me it cannot get any better. It is SO smooth to shave with. My skin is highly sensitive and i had real trouble ordering it, because of the .95 bladegap i thought it would be too much for me. But man, have i been wrong.

Now i have almost ten shaves with it and couldn’t be happier. Tried it with different blades (Gillette Wilkinson India, Polsilver Super Iridium, Gillette Bleue Extra, London Bridge) and the Gillette Bleue Extra was the absolute best blade for this razor. Fantastic. The Gillette Wilkinson India is great too, but the GBE has been SO fantastic. Extremely smooth, gentle and thoroughly. Not one weeper or anything negative.

This razor is really a RAD-Killer. It combines so many things…you have just the right amount of bladefeel so you feel what the razor is doing, the angle is almost naturally to find and hold, the balance of this razor is top notch (i use it with a Bulldog handle), it is smooth to the touch, shaves extremely thoroughly and the shave lasts me almost 10-11 hours till i feel the first stubbles coming up again.

I LOVE this razor. Beautiful to look at, great craftsmanship and a really good value for the money. Highly recommended!!!

Greetings
    Thorsten

StewB, Str8on2, Ron R and 1 other person like this.
  20. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Razorock has excellent razors! I really like my Hawk v3. I have the standard plate as well as the Open Comb. I use it with Feather Professional blades. Ride the Cap!

RazoRock-Hawk-Standard-HD-Handle_1024x1024.jpg open comb.jpg