Re-purposing at it's simplest

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Peter Cupitt, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Peter Cupitt

Peter Cupitt robe-wearing whale shaver

Ok, Not my finest work (Including the photography) but I am pretty happy with this.
    I purchased several razors via eBay (THERE'S A SURPRISE) which came with no wrappers/boxes/packets/etc. Great buys but just "lying around" they lack something.
    I have another couple of posts where I am proposing to make a couple of rather more fancy presentation boxes for some "Special" razors, so while I was "on a roll", I set to, to improve the presentation/protection of these two beauties.
    IMAG0407_resize.jpg IMAG0408_resize.jpg IMAG0409_resize.jpg IMAG0410_resize.jpg IMAG0411_resize.jpg
    One empty fathers day present (Soap Holder), one "Reject Shop" perforated foam rubber coaster and one glue stick (secretly used from SWMBO's stash of office supplies :rolleyes005: ) later. VIOLA !!!!
    I think this looks great and the razors do NOT rattle/move around at all. I will drop in one small desicant pouch to live with the razors and soak up any left over moisture I may miss after rinsing and drying these guys after use, and this should be just about ideal
    :eatdrink047:

2. Peter Cupitt

Peter Cupitt robe-wearing whale shaver

I would like to challenge everyone else to present something they have made or use regularly which is re-purposed or specially made for their gear.
    Some of us find it ENLIGHTENING and can use the ideas in a "creative cosmic soup" to whip up something new and interesting.