Re-sizing/shaping triple milled

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Sledge, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Sledge

Sledge New Member

ya know, i never thought of those.... brilliant! but now im going to need a remedy for how to fill the extra ones.... ahem... without being attacked by the mrs.... lol ::

2. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I think I got 18 of these at Wal-Mart on sale for $4.

3. Sledge

Sledge New Member

damn 8-O thats a lot of bowls for $4 lol i somehow managed to forget about those little treasures... i was thinking of how much actual rubbermaid tupperware costs... its rediculous... those are very affordable :)

4. gugi

gugi New Member

you can put a 41c stamp on the excess and mail it to smb who wants it :) that's cheaper than buying even the cheapest shaving soap on sale... i have my unused soaps in regular small ziplock bags. Actually just got the first soap in a wooden shave bowl - spiffy, but i wouldn't have each of my soaps in such bowls. I'll probably be converging to 3 bowls and rotate soaps through them every few weeks. A dab of water on the bottom will fix the soap.

5. Sledge

Sledge New Member

id much rather find a devlish way to get by the lady of the house, and come up with an excuse to fill them all lol :: but, if i find a good deal and i have enough of em... ill do a little free raffle thing or something for those who want it...

6. jfrancisco

jfrancisco New Member

Be very, VERY careful in deciding which bowl you use to store soaps and lather in. There is a member at another forum who ruined an expensive brush when he used a cheap bowl to store soaps and lather in. The problem was, he did not notice a seam that ran through the bowl that cut the tips of his brush up really bad. I like the solid glass Anchor Hocking 1 cup storage container. It is inexpensive and has no damaging seams.

1_P_48_Main.jpg

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Thanks for the info!

8. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I do like this suggestion. Like anything solid glass, I do suggest that people use caution. My normal shave area has tile flooring. Tile flooring + glass = disaster.

9. Sledge

Sledge New Member

yeah same here... my bowl is polycarbonate... no visable seams or sharp edges... seems all in all pretty smooth to me :) has yet to damage any of my brushes, and its unbreakable... so my tile flooring wont affect it... plus, despite all the lathers ive whippe up in it, it still remains scratch free, and "glass-like" in appearance... the only thing is, the soapy residue i have to clean out of it to keep it 100% clear lol for some reason... the shave products i use now (compared to canned goo) leave one hell of a mess to clean up.... every other week i have to use a scotch brite on my sink bowl because of the buildup lol

10. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Quick spritz of a vinegar/water mixture will clean stuff up pretty quick.

11. Sledge

Sledge New Member

will have to try that :) thanks!

12. seamus402

seamus402 You don't mess with Big Slim

I used a rotating cheese grater yesterday. IT WORKS GREAT!

13. Issy

Issy TheMadSoaper

A salad shooter is great for re batching

Issy

14. Issy

Issy TheMadSoaper

Smart man, I wash my hair (and it is long) with my soap...1 cup of water and a tblsp of vinegar for a rinse every few weeks to remove any build up

Issy