Recommend me another brush...

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Justin Linker, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

Guys, I posted a recommend me a brush thread around Christmas last year, you folks recommended the Whipped Dog. Excellent brush, I love it to death and use it almost exclusively...

I noticed it's starting to shed, however, and I want to try something different...a step above this one, if you will.

I'm looking for something soft, yet springy...I hate floppy.
    Let's see if you guys hit it out of the park with the recommendations again.

2. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

see if @Tdmsu has any brothers bristles handles, I've got an ace black badger in mine. love it

clint64 and Tdmsu like this.
  3. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Proraso boar brush (Omega 48).... Its awesome!

Justin Linker likes this.
  4. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Quick questions to help filter my answer....Which hair type do you prefer and what's your ideal price range?

5. Justin Linker

I have one of those. It's excellent.

6. Justin Linker

Sorry I should've been more specific. Badger hair is my preference. I would like best/fine of silvertip

7. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Omega S-brush?

8. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

If you want backbone with soft tips, you could go with a TGN finest. I'm really happy with mine and no shedding issues after well over a year. It's easy to also buy one of their handles and epoxy the knot in or I think they'll do it for you for a few bucks.

If you're looking to take a serious step up in cost over your WD, you could look at some of the classics like a Simpson's Duke 2 best badger.

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Not to take away from the other comments because they are all good. But heres what I do

I have a brushmaker like Chris trimble make a handle and he drills it a little deeper than normal. I order an extra density silvertip from the guy on Ebay ( Iantang) Then I set my own not at my desired depth depending on how stiff I want it. These knots last and are very very soft. I have several and love them all, each set at a different depth

178-bplatoon likes this.
  10. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Simpson best badger

11. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

My brother just sent me a few handles. Bronze and aluminum.
    [​IMG]

theFAT98 likes this.
  12. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    A few new handles. Bronze and aluminum. I have a couple silvertip knots left, too. 22mm

13. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

My favorite badger brush is my Shavemac 177 Silvertip. It will load anything and feels good on the face. image.jpg

Mike Brown and theFAT98 like this.