Recommendations on a Timeless Razor blade gap.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Spud, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Thanks Douglas! I'm blown away by the craftsmanship. This thing is beautiful.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  2. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I agree Spud. The workmanship is amazing.

Spud likes this.
  3. AnakinsLegs

AnakinsLegs New Member

Great razor. Congrats Spud. The dimple handle is such a unique look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spud likes this.
  4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Congrats on such a beautiful razor.

Spud likes this.
  5. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Thanks, $20.00/week saved until I had enough . I'll shave with it tomorrow. I hope it was worth it!

clint64 likes this.
  6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I do hope you enjoy the razor. I absolutely love mine.

Spud likes this.
  7. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Thanks, which blade gap do you have and if you have both, which do you prefer? Thanks!

clint64 likes this.
  8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I have the Timeless .95 OC with the scalloped top plate. I have found it to be extremely efficient and comfortable enough to use everyday. I have never tried the .68 blade gap.

Spud likes this.
  9. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

One thing I noticed was how nice the threading is; talk about smooth. As @Darkbulb said in an earlier review, I could just wind it in and out for fun.

clint64 likes this.
  10. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I had my first shave with the Timeless this morning. I used TOBS Grapefruit cream and a Voshkod blade. I lathered up with my Razorock Plissoft.
    I did a standard 3 pass shave.
    When I first put it to my face, it felt to mild but it became apparent quickly that it is a very efficient razor. I did have some tiny weepers but I blame this on me just getting to know the razor. Afterwards I noticed some spots on my neck that I missed. I think I was just focusing on the newness and the weight that I wasn't paying attention close attention. Audible feedback was very nice. The dimpled handle gave a perfect grip. I personally like shorter handles.
    I know I won't be ordering the 0.95 mm gap anytime soon; perhaps later if I decide to be curious but I think the 0.68 mm will be good for me.
    On the first shave, it didn't make me think "wow, I'm selling every other razor I own, this thing is sensational!!" But it certainly is a very, very nice razor and it does shave well for me. I will just focus on enjoying it for a while. I've never done a split-face comparison with another razor before but I might try it with my Merkur 34C and Progress to see how it compares; after I get better with it!
    Was it worth the money? Even now I say yes, as it's just a beautiful razor.
    I have an Above The Tie because I wanted a stainless steel razor but for whatever reason, no bar agreed with me. I tried the R1&2, M1&2, and H1; just couldn't find one that worked for me . I can say for sure this Timeless already felt much better, so I am pretty happy right now.

clint64 likes this.
  11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great write up. It took me a week or so to really get my Timeless .95 OC dialed in. The angle was different from my other razors. Once I figured it out the shaves really are superb. Congrats again on the new razor.

Spud likes this.
  12. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Thanks very much! I'll just keep using it for a couple of weeks and see how it goes.

Shave Monkey and clint64 like this.
  13. Shave Monkey

Shave Monkey Well-Known Member

Definitely stick with it. My .68 OC with the scallop cap is one of my favorite shavers. Mild and comfortable, but efficient....oh, and beautiful!

Spud and clint64 like this.
  14. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I'm really liking the Timeless now. The more I use it, the more I like it. I have a 0.95 mm plate at the post office today. I will try it in the morning but I'm thinking the 0. 68 mm is perfect.

Zed117 and clint64 like this.
  15. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

IMG_6471.JPG This thing is a beauty! I've never owned a stand before.

16. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

17. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Congratulations
    I've been eyeing this razor and wrestling with justifications and rationalizations ......

Straight razor dandy and Spud like this.
  18. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I was too. It's a heck of a lot of money to spend on a razor, but it's a nice one.

19. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I just shaved with the 0.95 mm straight bar base plate. What a smooth, efficient razor. I'm struggling which plate is better for me.

Straight razor dandy likes this.
  20. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Stop eyeing and start buying...this razor is legit.

Spud likes this.