Recommendations

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Reformation Student, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

Thank you, Will. I appreciate the offer. PM sent.

2. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I must tell you. I tried my first shave with a Super Speed and WOW...it was great. It kinda makes me rack my brain why i shave with a Straight. I do recommend it. IM using Derby Blades atm...

3. Reformation Student

I had no intention of purchasing one for a while because I didn't need it until April, and nothing was currently inside my budget, but I saw a SuperSpeed on Ebay for a nice price (well inside my price range) and, being something of a history buff, couldn't resist. (Hey, if it's good enough for Pee Wee Reese :rofl)

4. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

If you peruse your local antiques mall you will most likely find them for less than $10 and in very good condition. As for blade I prefer Israeli Personnas and Gillette Swedes. Both will give a smooth shave. Another good choice are Derby's.

I travel quite a bit and I always take my straight and my strop with me. But I should mention that I travel by car.

Raf

5. Reformation Student

The main problem I had with traveling with my straight is fear of damage or loss by the airlines. Also, once I get to a hotel room, finding a good place to hang the strop was a bit problematic. I figure this way is the simplest.

Thanks for the blade recommendations, btw.

6. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Door knobs are great hanging places works for me at home and at the hotel room.

Raf

7. Reformation Student

Thanks, Doc!!

I want to publicly thank Mottern Man for the sampler pack of blades that he generously sent to me. I'm looking forward to trying them out. :D