Red dot spotted

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by scottydoint, Mar 31, 2009.

1. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

2. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

Sweet...

3. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Nice! Are all D-1s red dots? I can't see the dot in the image

4. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

As far as I know. Technically I didn't spot the dot, but it is a red dot because it is D-1 and it has the different base.

5. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Great job spotting that. I looked right over it.

6. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Ahh... I missed that entirely.. but then again, I am not looking for adjustables at the moment either.... Good catch.. So what do you not have multiples of already?

7. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

Well I don't have more than one of this set...
    [​IMG]

8. Hanspleasure

Hanspleasure New Member

Scotty.. what is this set you have above?
    I'm interested in what the top of the case looks like!

9. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I think the only DE I would be interested in is some version of a #66 cased. Scotty i look at your collections and drool

10. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

It looks just like yours (I think):D

[​IMG]

11. Hanspleasure

Hanspleasure New Member

Wow.. I didn't even see this one on the bay!
    Glad to know mine isn't the only one out there.. congrats again Scotty!
    I can't wait to see pictures of the entire set!

12. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

Thanks Scott. I didn't realize you had one too. I have only seen about 6 or so of them. Are these D-1 red dots about as rare as a 195 bottom dial? Is the case the same for the D-1 as a regular fatboy?

13. Hanspleasure

Hanspleasure New Member

Oh no.. I wasn't talking about the D-1 Fatboy but the #66 you picked up. This is the first I've read about the red dot fatboy so it's news to me.. another great find as well. I'm becoming envious each and every day. Make sure to take lots of pictures of both.

14. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

Ok, I got you now. Yea the #66 set is sweet! I've only ever seen the pictures of yours and then this one. Do have the box or shipper? Do they say #66?

Your envious of my razors:o I'm envious of yours and others. Thats what keeps me collecting. I am a little upset I couldn't pull in a NOS #77 this morning, but at least it went to fellow collector Lucky1134

15. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Would some one be so kind as to copy the image to this forum. My connection will not allow me to see ebay and I would like to see what y'all are talking about.

16. Hanspleasure

Hanspleasure New Member

here ya go!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250396385382

Scotty.. nah, mine doesn't come with the outer shipper so that's why I can't wait to see pics of yours! As a side note, per Achim's words... this will be your first Coronation Set so enjoy!
    Even as rare as the Coronations Sets are.. this one is even more rare :cool:
    Of the sets that I own this one I admire most. Congrats again.

Here's a couple pics of mine again for comparison just in case the link doesn't work.

Attached Files: