red or blue pill down the rabbit hole

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Double Edge Dougy, Feb 23, 2016.

1. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Nope. Keep 'em coming

richgem likes this.
  2. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Cool. Do you use them all, like in a rotation?

3. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

I use the smaller ones (up to 4-cup size), 'cuz I'm the only one in our household that drinks coffee. The big ones are just for lookin' at.

Double Edge Dougy likes this.
  4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I have added pre-shave oil to the list of stuff I make at home.

5. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Personally, I have to draw the line somewhere. I too got into this habit, err hobby looking into aftershaves. A year later, I have my own bathroom and had to add extra shelving to hold it all:). I'm also an avid hunter, archery, firearms and muzzle loaders. I fly fish, and tie my own flies. I'm also a picker, but I have whittled my guitar collection by two thirds; so now down to three. Now if I didn't have that stinkin job.......

Double Edge Dougy and ob1page like this.
  6. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

I think a lot of this rings true and to be honest is part of the reason I am here. I haven't been here long enough to have developed any new disorders but what you say about slowing down and appreciating things is spot on. I have been shaving for over 25 years and never once enjoyed one until about a week ago. I love the ritual involved, I love that I am forced to slow down and I appreciate the time involved now. I have "collected" things in spurts over time; a humidor full of great cigars, beer making supplies, audio equipment. But these have all faded due to one reason or another. Now I still appreciate a good cigar, I love my beer and enjoy good music. Could wet shaving also fall to the side, possibly. I hope that it doesn't but I am going to be sure to enjoy it to its fullest now.

Robyflexx and Double Edge Dougy like this.