Regiment Shaving Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by COMPNOR, Jul 9, 2018.

1. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

I have been wanting to make this post for awhile, but just haven't. But I finally feel the need. The need, for speed.

There is at least one other thread on Regiment Shaving Soap buried a few pages back, but I want to extol the virtues of this soap myself. In fact, I am going to hype up this soap so much that when you finally try it, you'll be like "this is it? I'm disappointed." The soap is THAT good.

So my first experience was with High Speed. I then purchased The Grove, Beach Master, and Top Gun. Because who doesn't enjoy playing sand volleyball with a bunch of masculine shirtless dudes and walking around in locker rooms in your tighty whities?

This is definitely probably the best soap I have ever used. Cushion, slickness, glide, whatever words you want to use to describe its abilities this soap has it. The four scents I have are great, but not really strong to me. But this isn't a knock, as most soaps lack in the scent strength department. The soap is easy to lather, super easy even. In fact with a good wet brush and some simple swirling it generates plenty of lather. I do a simple two pass shave, and have plenty left. You could probably generate enough lather to shave an entire regiment. If you get too much water in your brush, fear not. While it might come out a bit on the thin side, I have yet to experience problems with it performing a David Copperfield on me.

And the post shave feel is excellent. I don't even bother with any kind of aftershave. I think this is due to the bentonite clay used as one of the ingredients.

My only compliant is the size of the tin, which makes it a bit tough for my 24mm brush to load, but as a lot of soaps use this tin size it isn't a show stopper. I bowl lather anyway. And a smaller brush would work even better.

Reasonably priced, so if you're looking to try a new soap I highly recommend Regiment Shaving Soap. You won't be disappointed.

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

A couple months ago, I was PIFed a Regiment Reveille(among others from different companies). If I like Reveille, I'll try Frosty for next summer(I've never tried a Peppermint scent). Thanks for this report-I'll give it a try when the humidity here ends.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    Yehuda D likes this.
  3. COMPNOR

Hope you enjoy it.

Paul Turner and Yehuda D like this.
  4. Paul Turner

Thanks...looking forward to it. About a post-shave, did you mean that you don't use aftershave, or do you find the soap works with any kind? I guess I've been having fun trying to "match" the Reveille with a good A.S. is why I ask.

5. Paul Turner

You'd get a kick of out of this, @Yehuda D, I thought it was pronounced "Ree-vayle", not Revalee..

6. COMPNOR

I don't use any aftershave. Not that you can't. I just didn't feel the need for it.

Paul Turner and SHAVEWIZARD420 like this.
  7. Paul Turner

Oh ok....I'll see how I feel after the first Reveille shave.

8. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Regiment is a artisan that doesn't get as much mention on the fourms as others. Perhaps it's due to the fact the market was pretty flooded when they came on the scene, but other artisans suffer from this as well which is a shame.

I tend to get them confused sometimes with Victory Shaving which is another military type artisan, which makes great products I might add.

There are a few utube videos of people using Regiment soaps and most reviews are positive. I had a tin of Reville but only used it once since it smelled exactly like Jeeves Velvet Jacket (to my nose). while I was on vacation in Chicago no less, which isnt a good way to review a soap. May have to give them another shot in the future.... so many soaps so little time.

Paul Turner likes this.
  9. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Any soap you can use without the need of post shave products is pretty high praise.

Paul Turner likes this.
  10. Paul Turner

Update-I found a good A.S. match for the Reveille-Clubman Special Reserve.

Ijustmissedthe50s and dmshaver like this.
  11. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

Thanks for the review on the good soap, and thanks for the AS recommendation Paul Turner.

Paul Turner likes this.
  12. Paul Turner

I think it will work fine. I recently looked back at the notes from my PIFman, who said Reveille has a good "tobacco/barbershop" scent. What better than Clubman S.R?(Course others could be better but I don't have em, chuk yuk yuk).

dmshaver likes this.
  13. Paul Turner

I just perused through Victory Shaving......I love how they send some of their profits to an animal rescue organization. And I can understand the confusion between them and Regiment.