Replacement blades direct fit for Gillette Sensor 1st generation

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by Steinmann, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Steinmann

Steinmann New Member

Hello, I’m new to this forum.
    I went through my stuff the other night and found in the drawer my good old Gillette sensor handle. I remember buying it 1990 after finishing 3 very tough years in the military. So I went and soaked it in vinegar for 24 hours and it came out shining like new.
    So now I’m searching for on line, cheap yet quality blades for it, doesn’t care if it will be double or triple blade. (There are original blades to be found but I’m not ready to pay those prices).
    BTW, I’m located in Israel and the army then supplied us soldiers with locally made Personna blades, manufactured in a plant that was located (and maybe still is?) in the galilee. I can remember that it was quality stuff. Is any one of you guys familiar with this brand?
    Thank you very much – Michael

Attached Files:

2. MarshalArtist

MarshalArtist Psychiatric Help 5¢

First, welcome.
    Second, the cartridges for these are still sold retail in the US. You can buy them from Amazon.com, drugstore.com, or any online vendor.

3. Steinmann

Steinmann New Member

Thanks a lot.
    I know they are available, but I'm looking for a cheaper solution.

4. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I can't offer much help on the cartridge search, but welcome to TSD!

5. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Edgewell/Personna still produce Triflexxx carts. You can also buy Sensor/Sensor 3/Blue 3 disposables and remove the head. They are not expensive.

Vector 3 carts from Asia maybe available online...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Howdy,

The SuperMax Kwik-3 fit my old Sensor handle perfectly and the carts shave slightly better than my vintage Sensors, which never worked well for me. A pack of them can be had over here for $1, so perhaps you can find a good price online. You'll find some bad reviews of them; maybe they're true, maybe quality control is spotty. But so far they work great for me.

[​IMG]

PS I have the same handle as yours.

7. The Wizard

The Wizard Active Member

Sensor Excel and Excel3 fit this handle and are still readily available.

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Sorry, I can't help. I gave up carts years ago.

Welcome to the Den!