Replacement Heads?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Robyflexx, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Hi guys, I recently purchased a razorock bazooka de and I love the handle but absolutely hate the head as some of you know they have had some quality control problems with these and it's difficult to get the blade to align properly. Does anyone know where I can purchase a head for the handle in a mild type of close shave? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance gents. :)

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

You have a couple different options, iKon would be my first, Above The Tie, Maggard Razor sells an in-house head only but I believe they come from the same factory as the RR heads. Put a ad in on WTB you never know what another member has.

Robyflexx likes this.
  3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

BEG, BORROW OR STEAL A STAHLY LIVE BLADE.
    it doesn't matter if the spring is sprung, the box is not pristine. it's that marvelous head your after.
    THE STAHLY SHAVE IS THE MOST UNDERSTATED RAZOR I'VE HAD THE PLEASURE TO USE.
    completely amazes me why everyone isn't singing the praises of it.
    it's got to be the smoothest, easiest razor to get the sought after bbs shave.

CyanideMetal, Omaney and Robyflexx like this.
  4. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

Like a Gillette Tech? You can get a while razor for $10 or so and it will be a mild shaver.

Robyflexx likes this.
  5. Robyflexx

I have a tech it's my favorite razor right now consistently provides me great shaves.

6. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I agree. Mine gives me great shaves.

Robyflexx likes this.
  7. Robyflexx

Thanks for your help RazorBurn123 I posted in the WTB for it I'm just not willing to throw alot of money at it as the whole razor was just $20 functionality is what I'm after. :)

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  8. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I totally agree with you! I have a bunch of heads that are duds. Good luck.

Robyflexx likes this.
  9. MObigfoot

MObigfoot Active Member

I would suggest buying a Gillette Tech with a good head. They are mild comfortable shavers. With the bazooka handle you could call it a Franken Tech. :bounce015:

Robyflexx likes this.
  10. Robyflexx

:happy097: Good one! I have a tech already just really want a head to put this one into my rotation.

11. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

A glowing recommendation. I'm intrigued.

Robyflexx likes this.
  12. cw62803

cw62803 New Member

RazoRock sells a head called Protege that is the same head that Edwin Jagger uses in the DE 89. It is a wonderful mild head that costs only 11.99.

Robyflexx likes this.
  13. Robyflexx

Thanks for the "heads up" get it? :happy097: I'll check it out

14. Robyflexx

I became intrigued with the stahly been searching found one with box and put in an offer, waiting for response. Thanks for the suggestions I've been reading up on the stahly's history and the mechanics of it. Very interesting! :)

15. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Back to modern DE razor heads:
    IMO, most of the $10-$40 Zamak razors I see sold today are nearly identical. I'm thinking theyre all originating from the same building (or hut). You may see a logo on it, but it's the same as brand X.

Robyflexx likes this.
  16. Robyflexx

I have to agree, I purchased the bazooka solely for the handle alone and I think it's worth every penny of it though. These razor are def being massed somewhere someone told me India.

17. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Get on eBay and buy a Tech or New.

18. Robyflexx

I have a tech, love it!

19. xnykid

xnykid Well-Known Member

how about a Muhle R89? $40 +/- I bought a r41 for a MR8 handle and now it is my daily due to my only needing 2 light quick passes.

http://bullgooseshaving.com/muhle-r89-razor-head-a-la-carte/

another thought, a Parker 24c or 26c is an excellent shave, very smooth and mild/medium feel to it, I never use it with the original handle bet you would enjoy that head, just a bit more aggressive than an Edwin Jagger 89 but still very smooth open comb.

http://www.maggardrazors.com/product/parker-26c-open-comb-head-black-double-edge-safety-razor/

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    Robyflexx likes this.
  20. Robyflexx

Just bought a Stahly! Super excited :happy108: