Replacement to a Krona

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Wishoot, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

Hi All:

What would be a reasonable modern day replacement to the Schick Krona? I've been using a Krona for a couple of weeks and have no intention of getting rid of it. I was just hoping for something a little heavier.

Thanks for your help.

-Mike

2. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Some Krona's weigh much more than others. I have two heavyweights and a few featherweights. Both of my heavy Krona's have metal tips, but I'm not sure that feature can be used to distinguish these, one has a grey handle and the other is gold plated with a black handle.

Here's a picture of my favorite grey handled heavy Krona and an example of why you really shouldn't boil these. :ashamed001 The twisted Krona with the metal tip on the right was a lightweight.

[​IMG]

The razor I've found to be most similiar to the wonderful Krona is the Wilkinson "sticky" which is not really inexpensive. Get another Krona, or a couple. For a modern replacement try a regular Merkur.

3. oldfat1

oldfat1 New Member

4. fritz

fritz New Member

I have both the Krona and a Weishi. They are pretty close in shaving characteristics, but the Weishi is certainly heavier. Available HERE for as low as $13.50, but also at other online sellers.