Requesting Erskine Info

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by voice940, Dec 30, 2010.

1. voice940

voice940 Member

Quick check to see if anyone knows much about these brushes. I've got some family that used to have an antique store, and some of there stuff is still around. The other night, I was rummaging through their basement and I came across an Erskine B-250 "Sterilized Set in Rubber Pure Badger".

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Sorry, I cannot help you on this one. But if it has a green handle, I may be interested in buying it!

3. aberneth

aberneth Member

You sure you're not a duck fan?

Now that you bring it up, the name Erskine sounds familiar. Odds are I've seen a brush bearing that name in one of my many junk shop escapades. Wish I could tell you more... but good luck in your identification/information hunt!

4. dcrosso

dcrosso New Member

Erskin shaving brushes?

Several years ago I found an Erskine #98, boar bristle shaving brush. The handle is red on the top and the bottom, beige/with a fluted base. The bristles appeared to have not been used much and were quite stiff. I wanted to try to use the brush. I soaked/washed it several times with dish soap and then some conditioning shampoo. I practice lathered several times to condition and soften the bristles. When I tried to use it the bristles started coming out in clumps. I gave up on saving the brush in original condition. I installed a TGN Finest badger knot and now it is one of my best looking brushes. The TGN Finest knot does a great job. I have about $30 in the brush.

When I first got the brush I tried to find out something about the company and other brushes. I posted my find over at Badger and Blades and did not get many responses from the members over there. If I am remembering correctly, someone from Seattle had one with the green handle. I also found a green handled brush for sale on the internet. Unfortunately at the time there did not appear to be much information available on the Erskine shaving brushes. I would be interested in finding out more about the Erskine brushes.