Resin Brush Revamp (Chubby Boar)

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by jimjo1031, Oct 25, 2018.

  1. jimjo1031

    jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

    I had this brush for a while, which I painted black and copper, but kinda got bored with it.I had this idea of changing it's shape and installing another knot..........
    1.jpg

    This is how it looked after I used my rotary tool for shaping, enlarging the opening and a lot of hand sanding to get it right. It's made of some kind of resin and created tons of dust. It looks as it was made from two separate pieces as there is a seam line and a different colored insert inside, maybe for strength..........
    2.jpg

    I left the copper color on the bottom as sanding wouldn't remove it and I didn't want to create more dust by using the rotary tool. So I just added my initials and number to it. Maybe it wasn't made from scratch, but close enough..........
    3.jpg

    And this is the final result. I enlarged the opening to accept a 27mm boar knot, and boy was it close to the edge. I painted the top part cobalt blue and left the bottom part in it's natural color and added a few clear coats.........
    4.jpg
     
  2. lightcs1776

    lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

    It came out looking pretty good.

    Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk
     
    jimjo1031 likes this.
  3. jimjo1031

    jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

    Thanks Chris.
     
  4. Enrico

    Enrico Well-Known Member

    Very cool!
     
    jimjo1031 likes this.
  5. Orville

    Orville Member

    Looks great. This is something I need to look into now that my Jayaruh has replaced my old brush. If the knot is shedding like crazy already I may have a good retread candidate.
     
    jimjo1031 likes this.
  6. Enrico

    Enrico Well-Known Member

    jimjo1031 likes this.
  7. jimjo1031

    jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

    Thank you Keith.
     
  8. jimjo1031

    jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

    Thank you.
     

Share This Page