Returning from the wilderness

Discussion in 'Razor Restoration' started by garythepenman, May 22, 2007.

1. garythepenman

garythepenman New Member

Hi All,

I've been absent for a while, just wanted to touch base. I know some of my buddies lurk around here as does my teacher and mentor in razor restoration. You know who you are..just waiting for yer to get yer lazy butt down here.:D

Anyway..as this certain gentlemen sent me the wood in the first place here is the result.

A Bengall 6/8 dressed in pink ivory. The wedge is ivory and the washers are sterling silver.
    The shape is my special reserve one which only my best woods get. I believe there is a certain Scottish desserter with one similar in fiddleback kauri.;)

Cheers

Gary

ps Before you ask...yes it is....and no...you can't afford it. Well you can as long as the other half doesn't find out.

Attached Files:

2. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Wonderful Job, Gary! ::

3. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

Very nice Gary!! Looking forward to seeing many more of your straights on here. Beautiful work. Love your avatar as well.

4. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Very nice Gary. Well done!

5. xChris

xChris Member

Aww man, only three photos! Nicely done... I've been waiting to see pink ivory on a razor.

6. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

BTW, if this is what happens when you take a trip into the wilderness, you need to take more trips. :D

7. coolsimon

coolsimon New Member

Pink !!!!

Nice to see you again Gary....nice work,as always....deserter,lol

regards,simon

8. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

Gary, glad you decided to play a bit over here, too. I like what you did with this razor. Very good job! Make sure you duplicate posts on this forum so I can see all your new stuff. That's because I don't visit that one place any more to see what anyone is doing.

9. Joe C

Joe C New Member

Plus, if we get more good work like this, we can grow this place.

10. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

I would love to see this place become a home for straight razor guys. Some of this stuff you guys are putting up here (the pros and the guys just starting out) is really top notch!

11. bg42

bg42 New Member

Bout Time

I new there was someone missing but I couldn`t quite put my finger on who, now I know . Good to hear from you again Gary,and as usuall, lovely job ( Oh bugger ,more competition)
    Kind regards Peter

12. garythepenman

garythepenman New Member

Tis good to be back for sure. I'll make sure I try to read and respond when and where appropriate.
    I've got a very nice French frameback that is just dying for a nice set of scales, it hones like a dream (If I can hone it anyone can) and I'm thinking of using some desert ironwood I just happen to have from ages ago (thanks Bill).
    If you want to do it proper, get Bill's CD...that's Mr Ellis to you lot :D and start practicing, it's great fun and gets easier all the time...ish.

Cheers

Gary