Review of Kameelsperd Kick shaving soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Yehuda D, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Such a wonderful soap made by a great artisan in Pretoria, South Africa. The name of his company is Bundubeard.

Here's what I've discovered so far:

Ease of lathering: 10/10--Very fast, rich, slick lather.

Longevity of lather: 10/10--Very stable.

General skincare: 8/10--Pretty darn good. Super-powerful menthol effect.

Scent: 8/10--Coffee aroma through heavy menthol fumes. I love it.

Price: N/A--No idea.

Would I buy again: 10/10--Oh yes!

A special thanks to my dear friends Mohamed Peer, the owner of River Valley Trading who sent me this soap as a gift and to Jaco Grobler, the owner of Bundubeard who worked so hard to create this great soap. Oh, I forgot to mention that it's a whopping 250 grams in size!

IMG_20180823_070310.jpg

2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Only marginally related, Jeff, but I recently accidentally watched a movie in Afrikaans. Amazon had listed it as being in Dutch. I was surprised at how much I understood (with the help of subtitles) since it's so similar to Dutch (formerly considered a dialect of Dutch). It was particularly interesting to hear (and then to read up on) some of the specific differences.

Glad to see that you're back to the menthol. :D

RyX and Yehuda D like this.
  3. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I understand Afrikaans very well and Dutch as well. I can easily tell which language is which because the accents are quite different. I remember being in South Africa and being told by my wife's uncle who lives there to NEVER tell an Afrikaner that he's Dutch. My wife has relatives in Johannesburg, Bloomfontein, and Benoni.

4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I figured that you at least understood it. :D You should probably never tell a Dutchman that an Afrikanner is Dutch either. LOL. Genetics be damned!

Yehuda D likes this.