Review section suggestions

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by Woknblues, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Woknblues

Woknblues New Member

How about a small sticky preceding each category to explain the meanings of values so we are of the same thoughts?

Also, in regards to Aftershave, what if you like an alcohol bracing effect? What do you put in? Maybe a subgenre for Balms and Bracing splashes? Am I making this too complicated? Probably.

example:

Aftershaves (Balms)
    10/10 on burn, means there is no burn (a good thing)

Aftershaves (alcohol based splashes)
    10/10 on burn means there is a huge burn (also, a good thing)
    remove moisturizing effect from choices, (am I wrong?)

bah, nevermind.. I probably just ruined the fun of it.:rofl

2. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

You make an excellent point. I was just thinking the other day that the "burn" rating is interpreted/& rated in 2 different ways.

I, for example, will rate any aftershave (balm or splash) at a 10 if it does NOT burn. I prefer "cooling" to "burning".

I am going to think about this one some more, thanks for the Comment :happy088

3. Will

Will Nevermind

I tried to explain this on the Pinaud Bay Rum Review.

Guess no one was listing to me. :rolleyes:

4. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Actually, 'ol chap..... I think I read what you wrote there, and it got me to thinking ;)

5. Will

Will Nevermind

You are a college educated man from Notre Dame., at what point in your life did you ever "think"?

6. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

7. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

well at least he did not play football!!!!

sorry did you know ND is 0-2????? oh wait...yep we did mention it:D

love ya bro!!!!

Raf

8. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

North Dakota has a football team?

Chuck F likes this.
  9. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Personally I am a bit dubious of the review section. I have never seen anyone give the reviewed products less then satisfactory ratings. Gives the reviews a little less credibility in my humble opinion. Although I am about to pan a shaver that I got for free in the mail some time ago. Don't waste your time.

10. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Well, Duh :confused: Maybe if you put up some positive reviews, you would get commission checks, just like the rest of us :rofl

::

11. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

define "Satisfactory"

You need to read more of the reviews.
    Ill agree that the majority of products reviewed receive accolades but
    this is because most of the products reviewed are tried and tested by others before us.
    If you spend any time on these forums, as I know you do ;), it will become very clear what products are good and what are not.
    I, for one, am not going to waste my money on junk that I know others wiser than I have deemed as junk.
    OTOH if I do run into something less than stellar I feel my ratings reflect that
    and again.....FWIW YMMV IMHO yadayadayada BBBBBBBBB....:D

I am about to purchase a brush from a little known retailer and will use it and report back with an honest review.

12. Will

Will Nevermind

I always thought my reviews were pretty good., oh well ::ban.

13. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Now where did I put that review. Oh ya, here it is. I gotcha review right here! Treet Blue Carbon Steel blades are less than stellar performers for me. Want another one? If you do, you'll have to put in a review request under the Blade/Safety Razor Section or other appropriate section. Please do not abuse the requests. Most of us have day jobs. Otherwise fuggetaboutit. :D