REX Ambassador

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Linuxguile, Apr 29, 2018.

1. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

A quick REX review:
    Upon receipt I was quite pleased. This thing is every bit as beautiful and as much a piece of art as advertised. This is a good looking, well designed razor.
    Upon shaving, the REX revealed itself as a really substantial razor (i.e. heavy and well built). In fact, it’s probably the heaviest razor I own, but it’s not bulky or clumsy at all. I really like the heft to it. The weight of the head means you don’t need to apply pressure at all, as the razor does all the work. You just need to provide the skill.
    It has a good handle length and is well balanced. Someone mentioned they’d like a longer handle, but it’s already a touch longer than the Gillette adjustables, and any more length would make it bottom heavy in my opinion.
    I also really like the low profile cap, and like the feel it provides, keeping me aware of blade angle. For me “feel” is a good thing; “drag” is not. FWIW, I don’t detect any of the latter at all.
    One shave is a bit early to make a call, but so far, this one gives me the same satisfaction I get when looking at and using a well crafted and artistically designed Swiss watch. Well done, Matt and Razor Emporium!