River Valley Trading Green Fields shaving soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Yehuda D, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Lately I'm on a South African shaving journey because of a trade I did with Mr. Mohamed Peer who owns and operates River Valley Trading in Durban, South Africa. This was my first time using this soap and I think it's fantastic!

Ease of lathering: 10/10--Wonderful, rich, slick lather very fast and easily!

Longevity of lather: 10/10--Holds up perfectly for a multi-pass shave!

General skincare: 8.5/10--Super. Leaves a very comfortable post-shave feeling. Very cooling as well.

Scent: 8.5/10--A blend of peppermint and basil. Very refreshing and invigorating!

Price: N/A--As I said, we traded stuff so I don't know the price at all.

Would I buy again: 10/10--In less than the blink of an eye. This soap is AMAZING!

It shows that great artisans are not only located here in North America or Europe, but all over the world. This is a soap which would be great in the summer because its scent really wakes you up and I must admit that I wasn't expecting such a cooling effect - what a surprise! ;)

C81nipFXYAA_80y.jpg

2. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

That’s a great picture of a brush full of goodness.

Thanks for the write up and especially the last sentence. I kept reading with an eye out for your middle name (menthol).

Spyder and Yehuda D like this.
  3. Yehuda D

This soap doesn't even contain menthol but it's the peppermint which makes it so cooling. :)

Str8 Shaver and John Beeman like this.
  4. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I assumed as much.

I’ve got a tub of TOBS peppermint and a puck of TSD peppermint and both will cool you down.

The added basil in Green Fields sounds interesting. One of my favorite limes is Musgo Real lime basil. The basil is a very nice complementary scent.

Yehuda D likes this.
  5. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you found a hidden gem. Thanks for the review Jeff! It's always cool to hear about lesser known artisans.

Str8 Shaver and Yehuda D like this.
  6. Yehuda D

These artisans over in South Africa make really good soaps, I must say. So far I'm very favorably impressed. These soaps are made by two different artisans.

PickledNorthern likes this.