Rocca Jet

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Number six, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Number six

Number six Well-Known Member

Just arrived. This has the updated base plate and a terrific DLC coating. I love the birch so I have high hopes for this one... more pics and thoughts to follow.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Str8on2, Jorvaljr, BigD and 13 others like this.
  2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Beautiful. I've never heard of this razor, congrats!!

Frijolero and oscar11 like this.
  3. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

What is this, and why haven't I purchased this? I haven't seen this on muehleusa.com.

Frijolero likes this.
  4. Number six

Thanks. It's quite a looker.

Not sure why it's not on the USA site. Here's the original:https://www.muehle-shaving.com/en/o...le-DLC.html?listtype=search&searchparam=rocca

BigD, Frijolero and RyX like this.
  5. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Frijolero likes this.
  6. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Beautiful Chris. Enjoy!

7. Number six

Thank you.

Primotenore likes this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

9. MacDaDad

MacDaDad Well-Known Member

Does the r96 shave somewhere in between the r41 and the r89? I tried purchasing this razor off the German site but I kept being redirected to the US site and none were available. I gave up on buying one. It's a looker. ;)

Frijolero likes this.
  10. MacDaDad

@Number six: Even using the url you listed above, the site keeps redirecting me to the USA or Canada site. pffft..

11. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

BigD and MacDaDad like this.
  12. Number six

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frijolero and MacDaDad like this.
  13. MacDaDad

Chris, slap a Personna Med Prep in that 'bad boy' and let us all know how it shaves. Or not. :)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    Frijolero likes this.
  14. Number six

I've had three or four shaves so far with the Jet Rocca. I'm finding it to be very efficient and somewhat more aggressive than my other Rocca. I can't really attribute this difference to anything obvious, but I find I have to use more care to avoid nicks. The result is excellent but I'm not sure why I find it to be a biter. Not sure if this will be a keeper.
    First shave was with a Personna USA, the following shaves with a Polsilver. Maybe I'll run another brand just to confirm my observations.

MacDaDad and Frijolero like this.
  15. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Yes. It's a lot less aggressive than the R41, but much more than the R89. For me it hits the sweet spot.

It shaves completely different, but in terms of aggression, I find it comparable to the Fatip open comb V2 razor.

16. MacDaDad

I haven't used the r41 nor have I used the Fatip OC V2 but I wonder how they compare to the Gillette 'New Improved" 1920 era razor which I do own. I suppose I'll have to break down and order me an r96 jet black Rocca. If nothing else it looks the part. ;)

Frijolero likes this.
  17. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I could not get along with the New at all. YMMV.

MacDaDad likes this.
  18. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Beautiful razor. I have a soft spot for Muhle razors. I'm glad to see them getting into the SS market with these Rocca razors. They've always produced a quality product for the dollar and these razors haven't changed that.

Ten years ago, before the emergence of exotic metal razors and ZAMAC razors were suddenly proclaimed trash, Muhle was close to the top of the food chain and highly respected. Hopefully, they'll once again get the attention and respect they've earned over decades of producing fine shaving instruments.

Enjoy that wonderful razor.