Rockwell 6c/s ?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Leclec13, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Leclec13

Leclec13 Well-Known Member

i think this is going to be my next purchase ( pre owned)
    S if i can get a decent deal
    In the middle of changing jobs ..... STRESS!!!

Do you find yourself only using one base/ setting?

I’m thinking I will find a perfect combo blade /plate and never change? (Maybe)
    Then i’d Be thinking what a waste these other 2 bases plates collecting dust?.....

Or do you find your self continuing to use / switch between the different plates?

Ps. Pm me if you have a lead on one

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    brit likes this.
  2. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

I mainly stick with 5 & 6. Started out with 3 and 4 but then settled in on 5 & 6 plate.

brit and Leclec13 like this.
  3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Started out the same as @Hembree on 3 then 4. Now I just keep it at 5 as sometimes 6 will give me slight irritation because of my sensitive skin. Gives me BBS shaves all the time.

4. Terry Williams

Terry Williams Well-Known Member

I started on 3 and moved to 4. Haven't moved up or down, since. I think I should move down to 3 0r 2 when I shave everyday. I think when I shave everyday I feel some irritation after about the 3rd shave. So, I think having the milder bases is helpful.

Leclec13 likes this.
  5. Moose

Moose Well-Known Member

I'm intrigued by the 6c and 6s, as well. I actually like that you get all of the plates. That way you can experiment and find the one that works best for you. Karve plates are $30 each. That's steep.

Leclec13 likes this.
  6. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

I think they end up at right around $24.00 US. It does seem steep but keep in mind that the plates are machined from a solid piece of brass. I have the Rockwell 6C & S. I also have the Karve as well with B, C & E solid bars and I have a open comb D plate on the way as well. I bought all of mine used exept for the 6C and the Karve D plate. The Rockwell and the Karve shave very similar. I would say that the Karve C plate is close to the the Rockwell 5 plate or maybe just a little below it. The Karve E plate seems to the be notch above the Rockwell 6 plate. You cannot go wrong with either one. The Rockwell has a utilitarian look to it and gets the job done. The Karve to me has more "soul" to it and is a work of art. The machine work on the Karve and the craftmanship will blow you away if you every get one in your hands. I hope this helps.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    Leclec13 likes this.
  7. Moose

Moose Well-Known Member

Thank you!

Hembree likes this.
  8. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I have the 2c and only use #3 but it’s either that or the #1 side. I don’t know what the other plates feel like because the 2c only comes with 1 plate option. But the #3 side feels really good.

Leclec13 and Hembree like this.
  9. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

I use the Rockwell 6S most of the time. WTG R6, XTG R5, sort of ATG R4. I use R3 for my underarms and other parts of the body. I get a great, extremely comfortable shave using this way of shaving.

Hembree likes this.
  10. Leclec13

Ummm.... that is border line to much information .... TMI

Hembree, Moose and BigMark83 like this.
  11. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

There are many parts of the body. Are we having a dirty mind right now??;)

Hembree likes this.
  12. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

I started with the 3 and found that the razor clogged a lot, so I tried the 6 and found that I got a lot of nicks with it. The Rockwell was a bust for me. I really wanted to like it but just didnt. Its a shame too because its a beautiful, well-crafted razor.

brit and Hembree like this.
  13. Leclec13

My mind is always in the gutter!!

Just haven’t considered man-scaping in a long long time.....

It is however a valid shave discussion.

brit likes this.