Rockwell T2 in SS. Limited 500.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Str8on2, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

brit likes this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

"only $250"
    Too much for my pockets!
    Great looking piece, though.

3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    What's the difference between the original Model T and the original T2? Or did they re-name the Model T, T2?

Either way, far too little, far too late. All of the Gillette adjustables shave circles around my clunky Model T. YMMV.

Edit: I'm still a bit bitter they backed down from the original promise to make the Model T out of brass, and delayed the project for a year and a half. It has colored my view of Rockwell ever since.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
  4. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

The T2 was beefed up on internal components, especially the t-bar to add more rigidity and reduce slop on the adjustment mechanism. Specifically, I can not say what other components or processes were improved upon but, I can say that the T2 holds the blade firmer in the tray with near perfect alignment on both sides. The T1 had a bit more play and getting the blade to center properly or equally on it was a bit of a hassle.

I agree with your statement on Rockwell being a bit too late in the highend luxury/premium alloy segment of wet shaving tools but, prices are still going up on the scale especially with makers as Rocnel, Tatara, Razor Emporium (Rex) & HomelikeShaving (Taiga). And those prices will not be coming down anytime soon. So, at the introductory price of $250US plus another discount of $50US for those that backed previous launches from Rockwell, this could arguably be a bargain if it turns out to be a substantially superior shaver over the previous two Model T razors.

Concerning performance of the Model T (1 or 2) I have found them to be of near equal performance to the Gillette adjustables that I own (‘62 Slim & ‘69 LE Gold/Black Adjustable) and arguably better. Some days the Gillette’s perform better, other times the T1 & T2 come out ahead. Size wise and aestheticall, the Gillette’s are easier to hold and maneuver with very good balance. Grip is nearly equal between them with the Rockwell models offering to my tastes a more robust handle feel as it is wider vs the Gillette.

I know a shave forum member who ordered one yesterday and will forward it to me once he receives it. I’ll see how the SS fairs against the previous models. I’m looking forward to it and to see if there is an improvement in shave performance/quality.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  5. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I got lucky and never had any alignment issues. Probably a result of ordering the chrome satin finish model. The other finishes were first up in the queue, and the problems were mostly worked out by the time they got to the satin models. I never could get used to the high dome shape of the Model T.