Rocnel SE, (half DE blade) razor.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Kypros Christodoulides, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

Hello gents,
    today I got my new Rocnel SE razor and as I was expecting it, I grew a 4 day stubble for the inaugural shave.
    Surprisingly, the half DE blade is only held but not tightened down by the screw. This I didn't know when ordering and to be honest when I saw it, it sent shivers down my spine. A loosely held DE blade (even half of it) is bad news.
    I used a new Polsilver iridium as I didn't want to push it too far with my Feather faves.
    The blade stayed put throughout the shave, even with some provocation from my part.
    Angle was pretty much intuitive and it never gave me the impression I had to be careful which is something, for a razor on its first trip down a face.
    The shave was wonderful with 2 passes and corrections. No cuts, no irritation, no weepers, just a true BBs shave the kind of which I only get with the feather and my artist club SE's.
    For the price it cannot get better for an SS razor and I'm growing very fond of this brand. I already have their SE 50 which I find very good if a little heavy.

AGHisBBS, Demidog, cliffb599 and 2 others like this.
  2. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

A great shave is a wonderful thing. Congrats on the new razor.

Sent via mobile - Chris

3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I actually signed up for one of these razors at the beginning. I got a confirmation, but they never got back to me for payment or address. I finally figured I didn't really need another razor. But, I have acquired a half dozen since then that I really enjoy. Their loss I guess.
    Enjoy your new razor. It is a thing of beauty.

4. MSauce

MSauce New Member

They are beautifully designed, glad it worked out for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

It is among my faves right now with the absolute favorite the RX, But the RX being so aggressive I don't use it every day even with the pro guard.