Roll call...

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by msandoval858, Feb 6, 2007.

1. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Breaking the ice here...

Where's my fellow Hydrolast fans at now?

:cool:

2. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

Woohoooo! Welcome to TSD!! :: :D

3. Will

Will Nevermind

I was waiting for some one to post on this. :D

I don't do it but would love to hear about it.

4. msandoval858

Hmm... where to begin?

I've spent too many hours hanging out with CAR I might actually be suffering from too much information! LOL

5. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

Perfect!! Share ze information or suffer ze consequences..... bwahaaahaaaaa.... (insert evil laugh here.... :D )

6. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

What is your favorite/most used product of his?

and....would you happen to have ingredient listing?

7. msandoval858

For me the most used product is the aftershave conditioner. The peppermint absolutely rocks. I use it all the time, method shave or not. Very cooling and very moisturizing on my skin. I highly recommend it even to those who don't care to use the rest of the line.

As for ingredients, I'm not sure on that one.

8. eathaiku

eathaiku New Member

I LOOVVE the sandlewood conditioner!

-dave

9. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den Dave!

10. msandoval858

Dave,

Glad you stopped by! Let me know when you get around to visiting Charles' new place, maybe I can meet you down there.

11. mercV12

mercV12 Member

I am an occassional "method shaver".

12. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

One of these days I will make the trek down to Austin and visit CAR, then I can join you in the ways of the method.

13. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I wish i had known about it when i was living in San Antonio

14. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

If you need anything let me know I'm always in the DFW area and Frisco is just a stone throw away. Besides it would be a good excuse to go see the Rough Riders.

I'm also the occasional Method Shaver. Lately I have been using the Hydrolast Round to make superlather and let me tell you it is fantastic. I am also a big fan of the Hydrolast conditioner.

Raf

15. GeNn

GeNn Member

I drove to Austin to buy the Hydrolast products. Even though I got there almost at closing time, Charles, owner of Enchante took the time to show me how to create and use the mix. I had trouble duplicating his method, but with practice i'm getting better. I however cannot get the hang of following the method shaving passes. I still use the cube and paste which I think are great but I shave doing the common WTG, XTG and ATG passes.

16. msandoval858

There's a lot of people out there that stray from Charles' original cutting forms, nothing wrong with that. Even he'll tell you the same thing. The quality of the Hydrolast stuff alone makes it well worth using even if you don't go by the full "Method" as he developed it. I use it with straight razors all the time and it works wonders.