Rolls razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by goat kiss, Jun 3, 2008.

1. goat kiss

goat kiss New Member

I just got one of these on eboy. I'd like to know what's the difference between the "Imperial" model and the "Viscount" model. Also need to find some suitable strop paste or dressing and I have no idea what this should be. The blade looks perfect and I don't want to screw it up so I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks.
    GK

2. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Maybe this will help.

3. jfever311

jfever311 Active Member

I just used my Rolls for the first time this morning. I am very impressed!! Very close and comfortable shave.

I began with an exfoliating scrub from "The Body Shop". I picked up a bagful of samples from TBS a few days ago!! Thier customer service is great. Anyway, I used one of my own brushes (lignum-vitae handle w/ best badger from goldennib), my custom scent TSD soap ( I love you, Joanna!!), and followed up my two pass shave (1 WTG, 1 ATG) with a healthy splash of AV.

These old razors can really cut!! I did use my trusty ole' sensor excel for touch-up though. That is the only use it gets anymore since switching to DE.

Will I use the Rolls Razor again? Hell Yeah!! It will be in my rotation as a regular.

Jason

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    :o Why thank you. :o

5. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

mink oil works well to bring back the strop on a rolls. just make sure you wipe off any excess. a well conditioned rolls strop will be DEEP red in color, a dry one will be pink.