Rondavel Wild Dagga shaving soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Yehuda D, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

B285C18E-D147-483E-A7B7-05C44CD1C3B3.jpeg Here’s another pretty good South African-made soap that I received recently.

Ease of lathering: 10/10–Literally explodes into thick, rich, beautiful lather.

Longevity of lather: 10/10–Perfect. It’s so stable that you can do as many passes as you want.

General skincare: 7.5/10–Fairly good, although it sort of lacks slickness.

Scent: 8.5/10–Very nice outdoorsy type.

Price: N/A—I don’t have a clue!

Would I buy again: 10/10–For sure. It’s a super-good soap. I can easily forgive the slight fault in the skincare department.

As I said many times, South Africa is apparently the best kept secret in shaving soaps!

2. Moose

Moose Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing!

Yehuda D likes this.
  3. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I truly appreciate all the reviews you do but how do you round up all these soaps from around the world?? You have connections all over??

Frijolero and Yehuda D like this.
  4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Nice find, Jeff. BTW, I have heard of South Africa. :happy097:

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That was pretty clever of you to tie together the thread title with the beginning of your post. :). As for your skin care score, I'd say that the strength of my shower body-washes(to PREP my shaves)could well balance a skin care issue with a soap. Well, perhaps one exception to that would be when I had the Tobacco Lounge( that ended my NB18, but the company was ending too). I'll repeat what I said in describing the feel of that soap-it was like shaving next to a fire.).

6. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

I always enjoy reading your reviews of "far away" soaps. Always fascinating. And this is one it sounds like one I'd love to try lol. Thanks for sharing your reviews, as always, I look forward to more.

7. Yehuda D

Thanks so much!

brit likes this.
  8. Yehuda D

I joined the South African Master Shave group a year ago and I became good friends with a couple of vendors so I started trading with one of them. In fact I traded with a few guys over there.

Frijolero and Paul Turner like this.
  9. Yehuda D

Südafrika ist ein schönes Land!