Rooney Mixup??

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Padron, May 1, 2008.

1. Padron

Padron Active Member

Hi,

I recently received a Rooney Style 3 Size 1 brush (thanks Michael and Steve!), the knot on this brush is extremely dense and much more dense than my Rooney Style 1 Size 1 and almost as dense and large as my Rooney Heritage Stubby 2...??

Has anyone else seen these overly large Style 3 Size 1 brushes? or is the one I received just a mixup that received a Size 2 knot?? :confused:

Anyway, I really love this brush it is a lather machine :cool:

[​IMG]
    Style 1 Size 1 Super, Style 3 Size 1 Super (with a size 2 knot?)
    Heritage Stubby 2, Style 3 Size 1 Finest

[​IMG]
    Style 1 Size 1 Super, Style 3 Size 1 Super (with a size 2 knot?)
    Heritage Stubby 2, Style 3 Size 1 Finest

2. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Glad you like it! Too dense for me though.

3. woodsrider

woodsrider New Member

That's definitely a dense knot on your new Style 3/1 Rooney, but I don't think it's a size 2 knot. The size 2 is a substantially larger brush (both handle and loft). The size 2 loft is several millimeters taller; it's definitely noticeable. My only basis of comparison is the Style 3/2 in Finest, but it's significantly larger than my Style 3/1.

Your St3/1 is a great looking brush!

4. Padron

Padron Active Member

Thanks Lynn :D, I know that Jim has carried several different lengths of lofts for these brushes.....and even they have varied quite a bit....at least they did after the first size change..I am not sure if the ones from Classic have varied as well though..

The 3/1 I have appears to have a size 2 knot as it appears to be a 24mm to my eyes as it is as large as my Heritage Stubby 2 which also has a 24mm knot...

If you look at the left side of my pictures, both of the 2 brushes on the left are supposed to be size 1's with the 3/1 very noticeably larger than the 1/1 of the far left.

Maybe, it's a one off mutant brush :eek:...I really like it and am pleased with it either way...:cool:

5. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Neale,
    That was the second 3/1 I owned. The first had more loft and was less dense and shed like a dog in the spring. :D
    This one was from a different batch that Jim had ordered.
    More dense, shorter loft and hand selected by Jim. It's a great brush!

6. Padron

Padron Active Member

Thanks Steve!

I got really lucky that you and Michael both passed it on :) It is a keeper for me and is a face lathering machine. :cool:

7. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Glad you like it. I got it almost couple of years ago I think. Don't know the story on the knots. Jim might be able to explain it, don't know.

8. Padron

Padron Active Member

Thanks bro, it'sa very nice :)

9. Dave_D

Dave_D Member

Just recently bought new 1-1 and 3-1 Rooneys from Jim and really like 'em, maybe even more than my go to Shavemacs. The 1-1 on my shelf is more dense than the 3-1, but not by much. Very fine brushes.

Dave

10. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

You dont have a ShaveMac like me...........;)

Rooney 3/1 in super is my number 2, tho :D