Rose of Bulgaria shaving cream

Discussion in 'Shaving Cream Reviews' started by crackstar, Apr 6, 2010.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

This is a cream, which as the name states, comes from Bulgaria, and is also available in Russia, and other eastern European countries. The lather is very profuse and rich, as is the case with most Bulgarian-made creams. The scent is not rosy at all, and it's quite strong, however, after the shave it fades away, so it doesn't cause any interference to an aftershave and/or fragrance. Although menthol is listed as one of the ingredients, I didn't feel any cooling sensation, either during or after my shave. The skincare is still very soothing, and this cream left my skin feeling calm and well-protected against irritation. Overall, I think this is a pretty good cream. :)

wyatt46 and BassTone like this.
  2. BassTone

BassTone Well-Known Member

I've been curious about this cream. I've had some trouble with rose products in the past giving me irritation, but I tried some food grade rose water that didn't bother me, then recently got some Thayer's Rose witch hazel, and that seems fine....perhaps this will will be my venture back into rose creams. Have you noted any irritation from this product since your initial review here? Have a good one Jeff! :) - John

3. wyatt46

wyatt46 Well-Known Member

Sounds nice and I love a rose scent.
    Where did you purchase it?