RoseGoldReplates?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Laird, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Laird

Laird Well-Known Member

I'm considering a replate in rose gold. I've read some internet info about rose gold plated jewellery possibly discoloring over time due to the added copper darkening. Has anyone on the forum with a razor replated in rose gold had any issues or changes in the color since you've owned (and used) it?

RyX likes this.
  2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I don't have any razors in rose gold, but I do have other items with it. My most used item is a watch plated in rose gold and I have never done any cleaning on it except using a microfiber cloth. I have never seen any darkening or discoloration on any rose gold plated that I personally have.

RyX likes this.
  3. champagneinhand

champagneinhand Well-Known Member

I just plated a guys watch bracelet with 18k rose gold. Stainless Steel is a PITA to re-plate because of the chrome.

But rose gold shouldn’t tarnish. It’s 75% gold, 15% copper and 10% silver.

There’s much more chance of scraping it by dropping the razor as there are plenty of divers that are rose gold plated that handle salt water fine. You just rinse and dry well and handle with care.

It will be more rugged than 24k gold but not by much. All of these metals are soft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyX and brit like this.