Rotation of deodorants for sensitive skin

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by burnWood, Jun 27, 2009.

1. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

Straight from a conversation with Sue from St. Charles Shave we have a great idea that I am using that may be of help to many of you out there.
    I have been looking for that one special deodorant. No burning and no redness. Can't find it. I have been through many different ones. I find one and for one month or one week, it works perfectly! Yay, I found it. But wait. After that initial break in period the burning or more usually red and painful pits.

Well, now I am looking for 3 or 4 deodorants and I am going to rotate them so that the break in lasts longer. Might even do every day use a different one.

So far it has worked great.
    Maybe this can apply to your soaps or splashes. Hey, who knows?

By the by, I left behind anti-persiparants because they stained my white work uniform yellow all the time. Deodorant does not do that. Leaving behind the aluminum is just a bonus.

So far, some good additions and rotating has helped the underarms greatly.

2. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

I have been using the crystal for 6 months and loving it. Sorry to hear about pit sensitivity:(

3. burnWood

Pit sensitivity matches my heart Shawn.

4. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Ever since I moved to roll on's from Adidas (Coty) and Sanex due to travel bag restrictions I have found that I have no marks at all on my clothes and no occasional rashes caused by alcohol (both are alcohol free). They still contain aluminum thou.

5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

In hot and humid weather, I find that the more I sweat, the more I am prone to irritation, however Mennen Speed Stick Original works perfectly for me, it keeps me bad-odour free, smelling nice, and absolutely no irritation whatsoever. :)

6. Truckman

Truckman New Member

What happened with the crystal rock, Ray? I thought that was working for you. It's been great to me - I've been using it about 6 or 7 months now, I think, and haven't had any trouble. The one day I had irritation was when I showered at work and had to use my old deodorant/anti-perspirant because I didn't plan ahead well enough...:ashamed001 Lesson learned - even that one time and I was itching and uncomfortable by the end of the evening... :(

Have you been to a dermatologist for help?

7. burnWood

Have not used the Crystal yet. I own it, along with about 6 other deodorants I am rotating.
    Went to my doctor but he just said I have sensitive skin there.

8. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Well, I'm sure you already know my suggestion, then...... I'd give the crystal a shot before anything else.

9. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

I use Certain Dri the night before if I know I will be sweating like crazy the next day. Certain Dri DRIES YOU UP! But not for sensitive skin and overdoing it can really create havoc on your pits. I do 2 swipes(its a rollon) and allow to dry and go to bed. I believe its the ultimate for perspiration.

10. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Go with the crystal!

11. Will

Will Nevermind

We have only told him 1000 times, and I cant remember how many times I said to put the Old Spice Body Spray with it.

12. omegapd

omegapd New Member

I love the liquid crystal stuff now. KMF Patchouli. :)

13. burnWood

Hey, I am dull like a rock here my foe. And still scared of the rock.:sad024

14. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

Try the crystal spray? They actually have different scents now at Big Lots. I prefer the crystal but believe the spray is just as efficient just doesnt go as far. I have been using the one stick for 5 months an havent even made my first turn to move it up. Will easily last at least a year and a half.

15. burnWood

I will consider it Shawn.

16. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

That's what I'd do, too!

17. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

Peer pressure;) But everybody is doing it!

18. Truckman

Truckman New Member

19. burnWood

I looked in the closet and have the rock, shaped like regular deodorant and I do have the crystal spray. Just have not gotten to them yet. Arm and Hammer Essential and Tom's of Maine for sensitive skin (lime/basil:happy096) are working well in rotation.
    So yes, your peer pressure did work. I do own them. You can all be proud of yourselves now.

20. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

I would say to hell with the rotation. Find one that works and stick with it:) I rotate my shave stuff and bath soaps but not deodorant. I tried every brand out their and finally realized afters years that anti perspirants werent for me. Have fun with and what ever you do dont drop the crystal. It shatters easily and jagged edges in the pits probably wont feel good.