Route 66-A Winner for Me!

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Bobcat, Nov 13, 2015.

1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I thought you would like it.

Douglas Carey and Salty Belle like this.
  2. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Doug:
    Gillette 70's "Spoiler" Super Stainess
    Personna Med Prep
    Gillette 7 O'Clock Blue Super Platinum
    Gillette Platinum
    Rapira Platinum Lux

Several more are close to these.

Now, back to Route 66.....................

Douglas Carey and Salty Belle like this.
  3. Salty Belle

Salty Belle Well-Known Member

Aw shucks guys...y'all have me blushin'

Super nice of you to post and share!

4. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I also received a puck of Route 66 Lumberjack from Doug this week. I've used it three times so far. It smells great, lathers easily, and provides great slickness and protection. It has definitely earned a spot in the rotation.

Thank you, Doug, and great job, Kathleen! :happy096:

5. California Cajun

California Cajun Active Member

Oh man, I'm "soaped" out. I could probably could go 10 years with the "must try" soaps I've accumulated. Route 66 is probably my next temptation. The scents seem enticing as reported. I've read a couple of books about the folklore of the "Mother Road" and when I was growing up in California, we would travel much of it to see my grandparents in Texas.

Douglas Carey, Salty Belle and Bobcat like this.
  6. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

I didn't like Route 66 but I did like Car 54. I must have been too young.

mrchick likes this.
  7. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

My sample pack arrived yesterday. First impression: They all smell fantastic :happy088: I had expected I would not like at least one or two scents of this dozen and maybe pass them on - but there isn't any ... I'll keep them all for myself. :) Great Job, @Salty Belle !
    What amazes me most: I actually don't like Old Spice Aftershave very much, but the Route 66 Retro Spice is one of my favorite scents. Now I have to decide which one of these samples I use for today's shave.

My wife already made her own list - here it is, sorted from most (top left) to least favorite (bottom right). Though she also says she likes them all - some are just better than the others.

haul2.jpg

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  8. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Excellent review of amazing products. My biggest problem with Route 66 soaps is which one do I use. I think they all are outstanding. Hands down the best shave soaps I have are Route 66. :happy096:

Salty Belle, Robyflexx and clint64 like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

I'm working through my sample pack as well, they all do smell fantastic and perform great. Cavendish is up today. Bourbon Jungle my favorite so far.

10. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

How awesome! I love my Lumberjack, enjoy @Marverel! :happy036:

11. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I'm working through the sample pack as well. I'm interested to see if any of these scents are nicer than my current favorite Sweeney Todd. Today was Sea and Citrus. Performance was fantastic, as usual. This scent is very pleasant, but lighter than the Sweeney Todd. These are by far my favorite soaps.
    [​IMG]

12. Robyflexx

Awesome photo @mrchick and beautiful brush! Route 66 rocks! :happy036:

13. Salty Belle

Salty Belle Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences! Makes me happy that you all are enjoying the scents and the soap!

14. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Time to pick a new sample
    [​IMG]

15. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

:bounce017::bounce017::bounce017::bounce017::bounce017:

Yeahhh just placed an order for a tub of Bourbon Jungle ....
    can't wait to try out this Route 66
    used the 10% off discount code for TSD members which is very nice !

:bounce017::bounce017::bounce017::bounce017::bounce017:

16. Robyflexx

Top notch! IMHO Tad, excited to see what you think. Enjoy!:bounce017::happy036::bounce017:

17. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Update

I am almost finished with my first jar of Route 66 soap. It is now officially one of my "Top Five" soaps. Also, as I have said before, the Bourbon Jungle scent is awesome.

[​IMG]

ob1page, Joef, Douglas Carey and 4 others like this.
  18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Bob, I agree Route 66 soaps are top performers for me as well. I am now up to 4 different scents and they have all worked great.

19. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Ditto my first jar of Barbershop Hop is almost gone. I too really have come to like Route 66 and plan on ordering more Barbershop, plus I'm going to give the new Twisted Tweet a try. Although the remaining soap's I have are Stirling (which are excellent) I think R66 is slightly easier to mix, near equivalent in slickness and has a slight edge in cushion. I'm pretty much satisfied with both and will probably not stray.

20. Robyflexx

Solid plan! If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :happy088: