Route 66 High Mountain Mint

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Douglas Carey, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Just spent close to a week using the new Retro Shave Route 66 High Mountain Mint. This soap is a herbal aroma of spearmint and eucalyptus topped with light notes of bright citrus, softened with hints of woods and sage.
    Like all Route 66 shave soaps it is very easy to work up a long lasting, slick lather. If you give this soap a little extra time when lathering it will explode into an extra thick rich lather.
    Something that isn't mentioned much is the Route 66 container. It is an excellent size, which holds 5 oz. of soap. I can lather directly from the container and not use a bowl if I don't feel like it. When you finish the soap inside it is very easy to remove the Route 66 label and reuse the container with a puck.
    A bonus is that members of TSD get a discount (discount code ShaveDen10) and there is free shipping in the U.S.A.
    I don't get free shipping and with the discount the soaps are still a great value.
    I would highly recommend this soap to anyone. :happy088::happy088:
    HighMountainMint.png

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  2. Salty Belle

Salty Belle Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for that Doug:) !!!

3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I just finished off a sample of Route 66 Perfect Storm today. It was a very nice soap. I will have to investigate Route 66 more.

clint64, Salty Belle, mrchick and 4 others like this.
  4. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I bought several samples of Route 66 a couple of months ago. The more I use them, the more I am hugely impressed. Performance is top notch, and the scents I have tried are complex, excellent. This soap will be taking a permanent spot in my den, and has moved into my top three. If you haven't tried this soap, I cannot recommend highly enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Great review, thanks.

Sent from my LG-V480 using Tapatalk

6. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Very nice soap. It is my favorite. Love the Sweeney Todd.

7. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Sweeney Todd, Cavendish , Lavender Woods, A Perfect Gent…some of my favorite Route 66 scents!

Paul Turner, Salty Belle and mrchick like this.
  8. Salty Belle

Salty Belle Well-Known Member

Shucks...you guys have me blushing:)

9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

helpful tip about lathering from the container.

Salty Belle likes this.
  10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Doug, thanks for taking the time to review the soap. I have been fortunate enough to try 5 different Route 66 soaps (Frozen Margarita, Perfect Storm, Twisted Tweed, Lumberjack & Rum Runner) and have completed 2. All have been excellent performers. I find them exceptionally easy to lather unlike some other artisan soaps. This ease of lathering should be a big help to those starting out. I would recommend Route 66 soaps very highly.