Rub lather in your face

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by herzi, Aug 16, 2007.

1. herzi

herzi Active Member

Some people in the german forum are mentioning this time to rub lather in your face after shaving and let it stay there for a minute or so. Then rinse it of. Today I tried it and my skin feels very comfortable now. Has anyone else tried this?

2. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

I've never tried that, nope, but I'll give it a try now you've mentioned it :D

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Warum habe ich bloB nicht daran gedacht?

4. TNoahr

TNoahr New Member

Are you rinsing with hot or cold water?

5. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

This is something I do pre shave while I'm building lather in a bowl. Rinse face with hot water, apply some cream or soap direct to face and smooth with fingertips. Rinse off and then lather and shave with normal cream or soap. Great way to use up the end of life stuff.

6. Racso_MS

Racso_MS Enjoy Your Shave

Stefan,

I've never used this method. I normally warm rinse, cold rinse, and then use a Dr Thayers Witch Hazel that has a moisturizer in it (Lavendar, Lemon) etc. or just plain Witch Hazel and then an After Shave Balm (Nivea, Proraso etc.). Sometime I may wash with Noxema, rinse and then use the A/S Balm and sometime I use the Proraso Post then an A/S Balm. Sometime I get real Bold and use Tabac After Shave straight. :eek: Talk about an eye opening experience..

Also, would you send me the link to the German Forum.

Tschüss

Genießen Sie Ihre Rasur...:D

7. Racso_MS

Racso_MS Enjoy Your Shave

Ich wiss Nicht!:rofl

8. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

hmmmm...so you use the left over lather as an ASB??? interesting...then you rinse with cold water????

Raf

9. herzi

herzi Active Member

I tried this today again. Usually after shaving Irinse with warm and then with cold water.
    Trying this after shaving I take lather from the brush and rub it into the shaving area. Then I clean the razor, the scuttle and the Brush. Then follows the warm and cold water rinse. Then an AS or an ASB.
    Today I tried this with the Kaloderma SC and I think this was it what irritated my skin a little. Or perhaps it was the Cadea blade that reached it's end. Stay tuned ...

Here is the link to the german forum (page 2):
    http://forum.nassrasur.com/showtopic.php?threadid=6925&time=1187326171