Rubberset brush sizes.

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Jrdelgado, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Hello! I need your brilliance! So here is a picture of my Rubberset 400 #3, my 200-4 (my first restore, and an Albright Rubberset aluminum band. Well let’s start this like this. I usually use my 400 with face lather but sometimes in a mug. The 200-4 is a synthetic and lathers very nicely. I just got the small one. It’s tiny! Original knot in good shape and the aluminum and wooden handle is very nice as well. Here’s my question. I used the small one in my shave mug and lathered B&M Seville, of course that was after a good cleaning and letting it set in hair conditioner overnight, it lathered pretty good. But it’s so small. Is it used for something different than regular brushes? I mean is it a face lather only? Or a travel razor?

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frijolero, RyX, brit and 2 others like this.
  2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Maybe travel, or just could be personal preference. But would make a nice travel brush.

Frijolero and brit like this.
  3. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Thanks Jim!

Frijolero, jimjo1031 and brit like this.
  4. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

If you look at the brushes that were made during the early part of the 20th century, most were small, unless they were professional brushes. The Star and Rubberset are the easiest examples. 14mm-18mm seem to be the norm. They offer a great experience.

brit, Frijolero and jimjo1031 like this.
  5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

:signs011: too................

brit and Frijolero like this.