Rules misunderstood

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by OldSaw, Nov 3, 2007.

1. OldSaw

OldSaw Active Member

I misunderstood Bill's rules for the drawing and thought I was covered with posts over 50 words. I often exceed fifty words when posting. However, I missed the part about posting ten posts over fifty words between entering and the time of the drawing. So looks like I'll be burning the midnight oil trying to stay in the running.

2. OldSaw

OldSaw Active Member

This one doesn't count

OK Bill, I am getting there. I won't count this one of course. I am trying to keep with the spirit of your rules by making some posts with some value rather than just 50 words.

I better get back at it.

3. OldSaw

OldSaw Active Member

Made it

OK, not counting this thread I have ten posts of over fifty words since entering.

Thanks Bill, this was fun. I better get to bed now.

4. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

You qualified from the get-go. It was apparently my miscommunication. The 50 words between "now" and the drawing was a reference to newer posters so they could get to it in time.

5. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Oh, and I'm sure he just LOVED hearing THAT news! :rofl:roflGet some sleep, Dennis! After the drawing, of course!

6. OldSaw

OldSaw Active Member

I kinda had a sneaky suspicion, but wanted to make sure. I was over due for a few posts anyway.

7. Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5 Member

Well, if your like me, you go in spurts. Some of it may be directly correlated to to the amount of Famous Grouse consumed.
    I will confess that this has become one of my favorite boards. But, as generally I don't speak, but listen, the 50 words requirement was a bit of a challenge. I had to gin up and become a bit more talkative than normal. I may not have qualified from the get-go, even though I was an early registrant. I just plain don't have that much to say. On the other hand, I learn a bunch. Frankly, to be on a board where knowledgeable people like Bill, Joe, and countless others participate regularity is enough. I don't have a huge ego that needs feeding. If you look at my profile my occupation is listed as 'actuary'. Actuaries are not known for their extroverted personalities, we crunch numbers day in and day out and most often are seen as geeks.